1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mass upload from server file system

Discussion in 'Media Gallery Suggestions' started by 0ptima, Jul 16, 2015.

1. 0ptima

0ptima Well-Known Member

I would like to see an option to allow mass uploading of images and videos from the server's filesystem.

This would be a great option to have for people who cover events and take lots of pictures or have very large video files that are too big to upload with a browser.

Once the media is uploaded to the server with a FTP client, the user would would select the "upload from server" option, enter the category, the title and description and XMG would process everything in the folder.

2. willy2000

willy2000 Member

for Sure

3. aker2k

aker2k New Member

I totally want this, i have over 20.000 photos awaiting!

4. Dadparvar

Dadparvar Well-Known Member

Same suggestion.
    More than 4000 media (uploaded) awaiting. (A lot more are going to be uploaded too)

5. dotpro

dotpro Active Member

This would be huge plus for XMG. Please consider!

Dadparvar likes this.
  6. Steve Taylor

Steve Taylor New Member

I would like that option, but for us only for the admins. I use it now when I upload the 7 graphics each week that announce the winners, a lot faster than choosing one image at a time.

Our server couldn't handle mass upload for the members because it would quickly jump to the point we would have to pay higher monthly server costs. We aren't a pay service, only donations from members.

7. SteveCo

SteveCo Member

PhotoPost was a leading gallery platform that included a Xenforo bridge but has recently ceased development. I am now looking for a system with similar features and Media Gallery could be it if it had the ability to bulk/batch/mass upload via FTP. For now I have to move to Coppermine Gallery that does have bulk uploading but would love a single-sign on as well.

0ptima likes this.
  8. A15

A15 New Member

i want this too!