Mass PM converted to huge conversation

RobParker

I'm not sure of the best place to post this but thought it was worth mentioning.

Years ago with VB we used to have a newsletter addon which sent out "newsletters" via PM to all our members.

Today someone replied to one of those very old PMs...

Cue a giant conversation including hundreds of users who then replied in confusion causing it to snowball and send loads of email notifications.

It might be useful to have some kind of PM management (sender lists, not content) in the ACP but I'm not sure how that'd work.

I think it would be better if there was away to move a large PM into the forum... ie... convert a pm into a public thread (or into a private forum).

I think I'd settle for being able to identify them.

I assume we may have some other PMs floating around which have thousands of users added due to our previous use of the VB newsletter addon but I deleted those PMs years ago and they're not apparent until someone digs one up and replies to it.

I think I'd settle for being able to identify them.

I assume we may have some other PMs floating around which have thousands of users added due to our previous use of the VB newsletter addon but I deleted those PMs years ago and they're not apparent until someone digs one up and replies to it.
Well if you just want to delete them. This SQL command will delete all PM's current on your site.

PHP:
TRUNCATE TABLE xf_conversation_master;
TRUNCATE TABLE xf_conversation_message;
TRUNCATE TABLE xf_conversation_recipient;
TRUNCATE TABLE xf_conversation_user;
UPDATE xf_user SET conversations_unread = 0;

That should take care of all the old, large PM's without you having to track them down 1 by 1.

We don't want to delete all PMs obviously :-)

Just being able to identify any with hundreds of recipients would be useful.

Top Bottom