Marketing Suggestion

Fergal

When someone first buys XF they receive an email with their licence details. That email is the first point of contact the buyer has (as a customer) with XF. Hence, I'd suggest that it is important to the customer and is a good place to start creating a positive relationship between the customer and XF.

The email begins with "Your XenForo purchase (ID xxxxxxxxxxxx) has now been processed and your new items are available in your customer area."

My suggestion is to add an opening paragraph to that email, something along the lines of;

"Thank you for purchasing xenForo, we are delighted to have you as a customer and will do our best to help support your xenForo website. Please visit our community should you have any questions or would like any advice on using your new xenForo software."

Personally, seems like unnecissary fluff to me.

Usually someone will have spent a lot of time on the forums already before commiting to buy XenForo, so asking them to join again is kind of pointless.

Thanks Slavik. My suggestion is really to add a simple thank you to the email and encourage the new customer to visit the forums if they have questions or are looking for support. I didn't suggest "asking them to join" the forums.

Really the equivalent of a sales person saying "thank you, let me know if you have any questions or need help with..." when you buy something in the real world.

Reactions: Kim
Personally, seems like unnecissary fluff to me.

Usually someone will have spent a lot of time on the forums already before commiting to buy XenForo, so asking them to join again is kind of pointless.

LOL the marketing world runs on just such "fluff" this is not at all a useless or unnecessary thing, it is common courtesy and very basic customer service... just like in an actual Real life store, being polite and thanking the customer for a purchase never goes astray. If someone is blunt and perfunctory in a store, you tend not to go back in there, if they are pleasant and thank you for the purchase, you are much more likely to shop there again. You can argue that they are committed anyway, but that is just a poor attitude to take towards customers... that experience might be the difference between 1 license purchase and several.

I think it's a very good suggestion myself :)

Thanks Slavik. My suggestion is really to add a simple thank you to the email and encourage the new customer to visit the forums if they have questions or are looking for support. I didn't suggest "asking them to join" the forums.

Really the equivalent of a sales person saying "thank you, let me know if you have any questions or need help with..." when you buy something in the real world.

I'm not discounting it as a valid suggestion, but personally, from my own experiences, I don't read all that stuff when buying something, all I want is the link where I can get it :)

Don't agree. It's nice to be nice and welcoming. It doesn't cost to express a few words of gratitude to someone showing the same in your product they just purchased.

Can't remember the last time when I ever read any of the "extra stuff" when buying something, I just want them to get to the point, "Get your stuff here" :D

I'm not discounting it as a valid suggestion, but personally, from my own experiences, I don't read all that stuff when buying something, all I want is the link where I can get it :)

Can't remember the last time when I ever read any of the "extra stuff" when buying something, I just want them to get to the point, "Get your stuff here" :D

I can see your point, I personally don't read it, or require it but I think this kind of suggestions only has positives rather than it's negative attributes where people will think "well that is a nice welcome message". Kind of thing if I explained that correctly.Which i didn't because i'm reading it back to myself.

@Fergal - Big fan of your forumpromotion site you've done an excellent job with it. Are you moving that site to xf if you don't mind me asking?

I feel like the Jurassic Park music should play as you're entering the customer area.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

But... as for the suggestion as Shelley stated only positive and no negative effect from doing it.

...@Fergal - Big fan of your forumpromotion site you've done an excellent job with it. Are you moving that site to xf if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks very much Shelley, very kind of you.

No, we won't be moving Forum Promotion to XF, it runs really well on phpBB. I've just bought my first XF licence and plan on using it for a new forum.

agree.

Saying 2 simple words like "Thank you" are also very rarely seen by members here at the Forums and in Private Conversations........
I also recognice this in real life very often.... it seems people have just lost respect for other people (and it's not just the "younger generation").
Even if you give them a monetary benefit, they don't care to say "thank you" :mad:

Contrary, if you search for the words "Thank you" by "Kier", he uses it very often. (y)
People could learn from Kier.... if they didn't learn it from their parents.

Thank you for reading this message :p

Top Bottom