Mark read: all Conversations feature

The standard way requires three clicks. Our users don’t want granularity. They want simple: one button (mark all read).

The standard way requires three clicks. Our users don’t want granularity. They want simple: one button (mark all read).
Ahh... but the majority of folks probably DO like that granularity. ;)
Kind of like using a shotgun instead of a rifle to shoot one target out of a group of several.
This would probably be best addressed as an "add-on", and since @AndyB is the king of micro add-ons/remove-ons you may want to contact him.

Maybe I’m attacking this problem on the wrong interface? It’s the message notification system, not the inbox I need to address. The notifications in the drop down show from last unread, as opposed to last received. Is there a way to change it to last received?

I did a crap job of explaining the sticking points.

The problem I need to resolve: As a user, when I log back into the community after a couple of months, the Conversation feature is not usable. The counter is wrong and the dropdown shows old posts. It takes multiple clicks that aren't immediately obvious to resolve the situation. So I don't do anything and instead workaround the situation.

Mark conversations read is the best idea so far.

How else could I approach the situation? Thoughts and ideas are welcome.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 10.09.46 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 10.09.46 AM.webp
    1.7 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom