Add-on Mark post as moderated

greenvoice

One of the forum I contribute to has a small problem: there are situations where one moderator sees badly-written post. Instead of deleting it, he writes PM to the OP: "Hey guy, your post XYZ is bad. Please edit it to meet our requirements. You have 24h to do this or your content will be deleted.". Unfortunately, another moderator doesn't know about that discussion and performs post deletion.

So.. do you know any addon that would allow us to mark somehow post (mark visible to the moderators only) and warn others: "Hey, I have taken care of this post. No one need to take action".

Do you have any ideas how can we handle that case with XenForo?

You can soft delete the post and add a note to it, will still show a placeholder for moderators

You can soft delete the post and add a note to it, will still show a placeholder for moderators
Very nice and clean solution, but will work only when post to improve is last one. If not, moderator's soft-deleted post that will displayed as last won't be visible directly under post that needs attention and can be omitted.

I would use the warning system for this, ask all mods to check the warnings before taking any action on a post.

This should do exactly what you want.

I would use the warning system for this, ask all mods to check the warnings before taking any action on a post.

This should do exactly what you want.
Wow, brillant solution, I added proper predefined warning. Will see how it works.

If not, maybe I'll create addon that forbid post deletion if specified warning is added.

Thanks for hints!

Top Bottom