XF 2.0 MariaDB 10.2.11

RSI

I'm, still running XF 1.5, but what will happen when you try to install or upgrade to XF 2.0 and your database is MariaDB 10.2.11 and not an official MySQL version? I understand MariaDB 10.2.11 is the same as SQL 5.6 and 5.7 only better, but will the install give you an error and stop during the install or upgrade process?

I'm asking because my hosting company just updated my server last night with MariaDB 10.2.11 and when I run the xenforo 1.5 requirements test php file it says it passes, but to run the My SQL test manually.

But what about a fresh install? I'm asking because the xenforo team should consider adding MariaDB to their support list, etc. More and more hosting companies are now switching to it.

But what about a fresh install? I'm asking because the xenforo team should consider adding MariaDB to their support list, etc. More and more hosting companies are now switching to it.

MariaDB is compatible with Xenforo 2 as far as I am aware. It is becoming more popular. Why wouldn't Xenforo 2 support it?

Top Bottom