XF 2.2 Many, many template errors, any tips?

KensonPlays

I'm getting these for pretty much every addon on my site, and some official addons too like XF Resource Manager:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Template public:xfrm_category_add_resource is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:690

50 pages, 1000 errors since last Sunday.

Pretty much all of these errors are almost the same. The vast majority of them are all on line 690, and some are on line 658. I temporarily do not have access to FTP while we are in the process of migrating to a new host in the next couple days.

I know you will say the following:
  • "Rebuild Master Data" - I have done that, like 3-4 times already. No changes.
  • Go to each addons thread, but that's like 24 addons . . . haha. 24 replies to threads, responding to 24 conversations.

Solution
Well... generally when stuff like a paid panel expires... stuff stops working... that's their way of forcing you to continue to pay them.

Odds are cPanel will simply quit responding.. but Apache and all the underlying services will continue working, but only be able to be "modified" manually.

And honestly... until you can get your core server stabilized... it's going to be rather difficult for anyone to give you definitive answers.
Generally for that error... the resolution is rebuilding your master data, which you claim has already been done.
We're FINALLY on the permanent host now. He renewed the cP license, and I was able to edit perms properly. Those errors all but disappeared.

The only thing left to fix now is the email...
Have you double checked the permissions on your files in your root to make sure that your HTTP server can read/write to them and they are owned by the appropriate user?

Have you double checked the permissions on your files in your root to make sure that your HTTP server can read/write to them and they are owned by the appropriate user?
I believe they are default from when I uploaded the files during install. It only started appearing since last Sunday, and I've had my site installed for about 5 weeks or so now.

Our cPanel trial is expired right now so we have to wait to renew that to be able to access the file manager.

Our cPanel trial is expired right now so we have to wait to renew that to be able to access the file manager.
Ermm... since cPanel controls most of your "site".. think that might have anything to do with it? Usually when stuff "expires"... it tends to "quite working".
I really don't know since I refuse to use a panel.

Ermm... since cPanel controls most of your "site".. think that might have anything to do with it? Usually when stuff "expires"... it tends to "quite working".
I really don't know since I refuse to use a panel.
I'm not the one running the back end, that's my friend. He's managing the technical side of things. I think he might end up getting an actual license once we move over to our permanent host. Right now we're on a temporary one so we just used a trial for a month or so temporarily until we move to our new host in the next few days.

I'm not the one running the back end, that's my friend. He's managing the technical side of things. I think he might end up getting an actual license once we move over to our permanent host. Right now we're on a temporary one so we just used a trial for a month or so temporarily until we move to our new host in the next few days.
Well... generally when stuff like a paid panel expires... stuff stops working... that's their way of forcing you to continue to pay them.

Odds are cPanel will simply quit responding.. but Apache and all the underlying services will continue working, but only be able to be "modified" manually.

And honestly... until you can get your core server stabilized... it's going to be rather difficult for anyone to give you definitive answers.
Generally for that error... the resolution is rebuilding your master data, which you claim has already been done.

We're FINALLY on the permanent host now. He renewed the cP license, and I was able to edit perms properly. Those errors all but disappeared.

The only thing left to fix now is the email issues. Though according to my DNS, I may not be able to use both Google Workspace and email from the domain to send emails. I may have to cancel my G Workspace account. (if I can't figure it out on my own, haven't so far) I may have to somehow migrate all my emails from the last 10 years onto the new host and cancel G Workspace, and lose access to $400 of android apps.

Solution
I may not be able to use both Google Workspace and email from the domain to send emails.
I thought your Google Workspace was tied to the domain already?
Why exactly are you wanting to send email from two different domains if it isn't?
If you have cPanel in place, and you are on a dedicated server, it should not be a big issue to set up mail via your cPanel offering and have it send the mail using your site domain. Deliverability may not be the best depending on your IP and who is hosting the server, as some providers have wide blocks against their IP ranges for mail deliverability to places like Hotmail/OutLook/Live, GMail, Yahoo.
Your server admin should not have any issues doing that if they have any experience.

Last edited:
I thought your Google Workspace was tied to the domain already?
Why exactly are you wanting to send email from two different domains if it isn't?
If you have cPanel in place, and you are on a dedicated server, it should not be a big issue to set up mail via your cPanel offering and have it send the mail using your site domain. Deliverability may not be the best depending on your IP and who is hosting the server, as some providers have wide blocks against their IP ranges for mail deliverability to places like Hotmail/OutLook/Live, GMail, Yahoo.
Your server admin should not have any issues doing that if they have any experience.
I've been using GSuite/Workspace for over a decade now.

But when I go to DNS, it says "only one SPF" can exist.

I've been using GSuite/Workspace for over a decade now.

But when I go to DNS, it says "only one SPF" can exist.
Per domain... correct.... you simply set up (like I did with Amazon SES) the mail server on a sub-domain.
Each domain (which a sub-domain can be it's own entity) can have individual SPF's.
You can also include multiple directives in one SPF entry.
v=spf1 mx a:zoho.com a:amazonses.com include:zoho.com include:amazonses.com ~all

You can place multiple include directives in a single SPF record, ie:

Code:
v=spf1 include:_spf.google.com include:amazonses.com -all
Ah ok, can try adding the IP into that. Found a Google help doc for just that purpose, I think.

Per domain... correct.... you simply set up (like I did with Amazon SES) the mail server on a sub-domain.
Each domain (which a sub-domain can be it's own entity) can have individual SPF's.
You can also include multiple directives in one SPF entry.
v=spf1 mx a:zoho.com a:amazonses.com include:zoho.com include:amazonses.com ~all
My business partner should be home shortly to figure out this one last issue. Then we'll make a full backup of how everything is once its fixed.

Top Bottom