Manually merge users

fredrikse

Hi,

I have done a few test imports of my current forum. During this process I have noticed that I have duplicate accounts for about 20-25 user. The xenForo importer wants to merge the user accounts that share the same e-mail adress. What is the best way to handle this? Go through the vBulletin forum and inactivate all duplicates before import?

Manually Merge Users.webp

I'm not really sure myself at the moment what direction to go. One time I noticed in a thread that the users posts didn't match between the original forum and the imported one. I guess that has something to do with how you handle all this.

Some general input on this would be very much appreciated!

You have two options:

1) Manually resolve the email conflicts in vB before importing to XF. Meaning you need to edit the duplicate accounts in vB and change their emails.

2) Let the importer automatically merge the accounts. This isn't a bad solution. The merged users won't know which of their usernames survived, but XF allows you to login using your email address. Then you can manually change usernames as needed by editing the users in the Admin CP.

Thanks för the input, Jake. Right now I think I will go with the number one option: Solve things in vB before migrating. But before I do the final migration I will also evaluate option number two.

Top Bottom