XF 1.5 Manual Purchase validation before adding member to forum ?

rvnorth

Hi,

How to only allow access to forum for customers ?
They pay via paypal or bank transfer and their payment will be checked manually (no payment via forum).

Is there a way to show a message on the frontpage of the Forum so any visitor
know they have to be customers to get access ? I have the Brogans CTA Portal addon but have not even installed it yet.

And is there a way to restrict registered usergroup so they cannot use the forum other then to validate that they have purchased.

I find Xenforo quite difficult even though I read guides etc, complicated but the best at the same time.

Ok, I just noticed that I can let the newly registered have access to the Ticket addon and validate themselves from withing that.
But I will have to look into your CTA Portal addon, set it up and then put instruction up for visitors because now they see nothing when they get to the
forum.

And now I noticed that I had to have the General setting for VIEW on Allow for the newly registered to be able to see and use the Ticket section.
Unfortunately this also shows them the forum. Hmm...I can probably set the forum category to be non accessible for registered usergroup.
Will check that out now. Thanks.

Correct, the general view permission must be set to allow to enable visitors to access the site in general.

You need to disallow permission to access individual sections, such as forums, member list, etc.

Top Bottom