Add-on Mandatory User Fields

Disciple of Nagash

Hi,

I would like an addon that allows me to specify if certain user fields (both default and custom) must be filled out.

The idea would be that those registering, though would have to complete to register. For those already registered, when logging in they are redirected to the relevant ACP with a notification that a field needs filling in.

The reason is because for some other addons or functions, these fields become important. For example with the User Map addon, the map is populated by the location in the user has put in. But on my forum only about 900 out of 10K of users have completed that field.

Cheers

DoN

I would also like this and it should be part of the core. Required fields should be required at all times.

You could set custom user fields as required and they are displayed automatically on the registration form for the user to fill out.

You could set custom user fields as required and they are displayed automatically on the registration form for the user to fill out.
Im talking about adding a new required and forcing already registered users to fill it in.

Yup, this is essential for growing evolving communities..
Hit the nail on the head there. How can we gather needed demographics and information crucial to site improvements without it.

@Waindigo can you Pm me a price for this functionality? If enough people want to chip in then we're on. Speak up people and pledge or this won't happen.

Hit the nail on the head there. How can we gather needed demographics and information crucial to site improvements without it.

@Waindigo can you Pm me a price for this functionality? If enough people want to chip in then we're on. Speak up people and pledge or this won't happen.

I might be interested in this add-on as well . I believe addon will let us create as many userfields we want to have while registering . I have small community board but this would help big time.

Any luck with this idea ? Man could really use this addon . Helps to keep spammers at the curb too .

We also need this. Some users enter Spam or fake data in user fields. Our mods delete it and the user should then be forced to re-enter data while browsing. Atm mandatory/require fields are only checked when changing the profile data.
@Waindigo we`re also willing to to join sponsoring

Top Bottom