Managing Staff Reports?

XxUnkn0wnxX

we have quite a bit of staff but its getting hard to keep track who is active and who is lazy and not doing anything.

we have higher staff who do keep an eye on all other staff but this cannot be done 24/7 and i need it to be more efficient.

i was thinking maybe there is some management plugin for xenforo but i wasn't sure what to look for

we also hold staff meetings time to time..

but have any of you structured ur staff room with Staff reports?

like what format are the nodes in?

or what format/structure do all your staff hand in reports?

EG a report may consist of:
there weekly duties they have performed Followed by with evidence to back up the report.
members they have helped etc...

i want to have this like for each Staff group not All staff reports in one section and i wish to be notified of all changes in that node. and a easy way to keep track of it like if 1 staff member is overdue by 1-2 weeks i get sent a notification and the staff member also gets notified that they haven't handed in there report..
this is something i would prefer... - not sure if there are any plugins/tools for this already...

/admin.php?logs/moderator
not all our staff are in the moderator group only our Senior Admins are in that group and Founders + i still see it messy as have to go through the log just to keep track of who has done what.. + that is just board related actions
i need off site related actions like 1 on 1 help of explaining stuff to a member stuff like this a more wider area.

i need staff them selves giving in reports but not sure how to structure the nodes in an efficient way and template to use for our staff to hand in the reports.

i was looking for a management plugin in or something where staff submit reports into a section or in there profile page a tab called Reports and they submit their weekly reports and if it is 1-2 weeks over due they get sent a notification + i get one as well for that staff member..

something similar to moodle you could say.. like how teachers deal with students & their Individual tasks.

You shouldn't have staff giving one on one advice without admins / all staff typically being able to see what advice is being given, IMHO. If that is your policy for your site, then a simple solution is that staff add the admins to PC's so they can see what advice is given.

We use a simple open system, when anyone contacts a staff member about an issue, or vice versa, we have all staff on a list which they click to add them into the PC, so everything is open to all staff.

Otherwise you may need to look for a help desk type add-on where you can handle all staff > member communications one on one, yet admins can see everything.

well at the moment this how is operates roughly
we want to have an open community so we want all staff to keep on eye on each other, to make sure that every one are doing there basic roles
EG: looking over threads & content posted, reviewing reports, closing inappropriate threads etc...
Basically reminding each other of there daily tasks & every one keeping track of it.

we don't won't to be to closed of we want every staff to participate in important discussion making such as some Promotion & demotions from that data they have obtained & observed about a certain staff member or Normal member if they are worthy to hit staff / demotion or promotion. (this some of the data we want for each staff member to record and give this to us easily in weekly reports)
we also want each staff member to include the duties they have performed over the week + the backing of evidence such as other staff or member referrals + chat conversation logs etc.. to prove that they are doing a good job in their reports.

the gathering of reports we want to introduce this to make things easier for us.
we have 2-3 main staff managers + us Founders we make the final call on all decisions. but we need the input of our community as well so we know we have the backing of them as well.

we don't wat to be running a dictatorship.

we also want to make it clear to every staff member or members of our community the main roles of each staff member. we don't want to get the impression on some of our staff thinking that this other member is not doing anything, and why do they get to be staff..

because we have some staff who do work for us in different area's of the site that may not EG directly at the site. EG managing our social network or doing other tasks for us Eg Graphic design work etc..

we are based with where every one has there own Roles & are responsibly for there sections (what i mean by sections is their parts/tasks we have assigned them to look after) every one has Roles which best suite there skills set and the amount of time they can offer to us.

You shouldn't have staff giving one on one advice without admins / all staff typically being able to see what advice is being given, IMHO. If that is your policy for your site, then a simple solution is that staff add the admins to PC's so they can see what advice is given.

We use a simple open system, when anyone contacts a staff member about an issue, or vice versa, we have all staff on a list which they click to add them into the PC, so everything is open to all staff.

Otherwise you may need to look for a help desk type add-on where you can handle all staff > member communications one on one, yet admins can see everything.

they don't see this only Us Founders and the staff managers see this advice.. but we want every one taking notes and doing this so we can easily track who is doing well and who is being naughty...

with staff management we always try to have 1 -2 managers who are unbiased with all decisions and look at the facts and evidence gathered EG Reports & advice...

so in the end i want to have an easy staff report system structured in a way made easy for us managers. and for staff to easily to submit + organised. we don't want it messy where all reports are in one section and we want something that will alert staff if there reports are late.

as for all other normal members of the community we have all staff & members watching over each other and giving comments and advice from their experience with a certain member who is doing very well. (this data is also gathered into staff reports)

we have a rep based system on this as well to help track some of this & good word about certain members also help to see all the good hard working ones.

some / most of this works on how a basic Government operates and where final decisions are made in the senate.
Council buildings where us citizens hand in our reports or complaints etc we are try to mimic this for our staff system..

i believe i already have it all set up very close to this. we just need to make things easy for data gathering and Reports so nothing slips through the gaps..

we have all staff on a list which they click to add them into the PC, so everything is open to all staff.

Otherwise you may need to look for a help desk type add-on where you can handle all staff

ya i was looking for something like this a while back..

but at the moment the way issues are handled are just fine...

i want staff members to log there own reports + evidence of it. so atm they just give this via Skype or by word... but we want it organised & stored as i stated above..

Last edited:
Top Bottom