Managing Monthly Newsletters - How do you do it?

PJK

I'm running XF2 and have used Sendy in the past for sending monthly newsletters. With XF2 a working addon doesn't work so looking into alternatives. A couple questions:
1) What do you use to send monthly newsletters? Do you send the newsletter via PM as well?
2) Who takes the time each month to write the newsletters? I notice it takes me a couple hours for each one and looking for better ways to handle this. How do you guys put together your newsletters and how long does it take?

Cheers!

I'm running XF2 and have used Sendy in the past for sending monthly newsletters. With XF2 a working addon doesn't work so looking into alternatives. A couple questions:
1) What do you use to send monthly newsletters? Do you send the newsletter via PM as well?
2) Who takes the time each month to write the newsletters? I notice it takes me a couple hours for each one and looking for better ways to handle this. How do you guys put together your newsletters and how long does it take?

Cheers!

I use Sendy with XF2 and it works great.. although I'm using my custom add-on. I only use the Add-on to sync the memberlist with Sendy. I don't generate the actual newsletters for Sendy, I manually add the threads I want and then send build out and send through Sendy.

I use Sendy with XF2 and it works great.. although I'm using my custom add-on. I only use the Add-on to sync the memberlist with Sendy. I don't generate the actual newsletters for Sendy, I manually add the threads I want and then send build out and send through Sendy.
What does your custom addon do?

As for the syncing the membership, are you using this one? It didn't sync for me and the developer has been unresponsive:

I have always manually built the newsletter as well, but it takes a decent amount of time. What's your open rate?
Thanks.

I really didn't want to release it as we have two here that seem to work (although I'm not sure why that one isn't working for you). For core add-ons (newsletters, etc) it's expensive for me to buy a license for multiple sites, so I make my own when I can.

But this is mine: https://boostn.dev/forum/products/sendysync.2

The description tells you just about everything.. It's running on 4 of my sites, the largest having 17K members. I've had one member beta test it for a few months on his site (not sure how big) and he said it's good to go.

Here is the data from my last one I sent:

This was for a site that has around 4500 members.

I really didn't want to release it as we have two here that seem to work (although I'm not sure why that one isn't working for you). For core add-ons (newsletters, etc) it's expensive for me to buy a license for multiple sites, so I make my own when I can.

But this is mine: https://boostn.dev/forum/products/sendysync.2

The description tells you just about everything.. It's running on 4 of my sites, the largest having 17K members. I've had one member beta test it for a few months on his site (not sure how big) and he said it's good to go.

Here is the data from my last one I sent:

View attachment 199176

This was for a site that has around 4500 members.
Thanks for the links and info. You mentioned there are two addons here - I linked to the one I know - which is the other?

Impressive open rate there. What % of your community is subscribed? Cheers!

Top Bottom