1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making Styles

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Xarcell, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Xarcell

Xarcell Well-Known Member

I've learned my way around xF a bit and have no problem making styles.

However, I am unable to make a theme properly using styles properties. The problems I'm having with this are endless, and is beginning to get a bit frustrating.

So for starters, I'm having an issue adding a background. So in the settings I have set my images path to "styles/example/". Then I created a folder in styles directory called "example". I uploaded my "example_bg.jpg" to that directory. From there I went to "styles properties > HTML > background". I selected my color(which works) and added "example_bg.jpg" as the background(which doesn't seem to show?)

What am I doing wrong?

I also set my pageWidth in the style properties to 990, which doesn't seem to work. I also tried 900px, which again doesn't work.

Any guidance with this? I am trying to avoid editing the css code as much as possible.

2. Xarcell

Xarcell Well-Known Member

NVM, I figured some of it out.
  3. James

James Well-Known Member

I'm finding it hard to create styles using only the default style properties too... the div#content doesn't actually reflect the contents of the Content style property, which baffled me a little.