1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Making node icons clickable

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Ingenious, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Ingenious

Ingenious Well-Known Member

Couldn't find anything on search for this which is odd as I would have thought this was a common request especially to make life easier on mobile... I'd like to make the node icons clickable and link to that forum.

I would guess I need to look at node_forum_level_2?

And this part of the code:

<span class="nodeIcon" title="{xen:if $forum.hasNew, '{xen:phrase unread_messages}', ''}"></span>
    What's the best/tidiest way to make or wrap this in a link to that forum?
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Ingenious

Thanks Brogan, I saw that but was put off by "unmaintained" and would rather do it myself by a template edit, assuming it's possible (unless you mean to look at the add-on and see what changes it makes?).
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Yes, you can always check the .xml file to see how it's doing it and then replicate it for your own needs.
    Ingenious likes this.
  5. Ingenious

Good call on this @Brogan - the add-one was actually just an xml file showing some find and replace operations on the template above, easy to follow and do this. I now have clickable node icons, so much nicer on mobile where they take up a significantly bigger part of the screen and invite you to press them!