XF 1.4 making a user an admin?

seebs

So, I would like to make a user an admin, but I don't see how. Which is to say, I see things that look to me like they should work, but they don't seem to have the effect I expect.

My account that I created initially shows up in the list of administrators on the user control panel. It shows as being in the "Registered" group, with "Administrative" and "Moderator" additional groups.

The new account is the same, but does not show up in the list of administrators on the user control panel. There's a "make this user an administrator" button, but that just redirects to the list which does not contain the user. There's a "create a new administrator" option, but that looks like it wants to make a new account?

... no, apparently that is not creating a new account, it's creating a new being-an-admin for an existing account. So that's separate from membership in those groups, I guess? I am confused.

Clicking the 'Create new Administrator' button doesn't create a new user - it asks for the username of an existing user, and allows you to apply admin permissions.

It asks for your password to confirm the action.

This is how new admins are added :)

Liam

... no, apparently that is not creating a new account, it's creating a new being-an-admin for an existing account. So that's separate from membership in those groups, I guess? I am confused

Yes - the usergroups don't have any representation on access to admin/moderator tools - they're just used for front-end permissions & styling.

Admins & Mods are added separately (and admins may not necessarily be mods).

Liam

Ahh, okay, that makes more sense now.

Overall liking this a lot better than the vB board I used to run, but it's taking some time to get my head around the fundamental structural differences.

Top Bottom