MakeSavingEasy.com

Hey Everyone!
I'm working on this new forum, trying to get it off the ground to generate members. If you have the time could you check it out and let me know what you think of it so far?

If there are categories/forums that you think I should add, please let me know!

I'm open to any critiques.

Thank you so much!

https://makesavingeasy.com

Just on the initial page load(aside fro the image taking a little to load) the background image distracts so much from the content itself. Almost blinding for me :cool: :LOL:

Yes, that is a high res photo that I will be sizing down later today. Maybe I can fade it out as well so it won't be so distracting.
Thank you for the feedback!

Brand new forum with 45 posts, 30 empty forums and 3 ad units per page? I checked and left.

Tip: write some quality content first before adding tons of empty forums. Also consider removing/hiding the home tab if you haven't got a homepage to show.

For an improved reading experience try adding some px to your font. You can calculate your optimum with this site.

Last edited:
Noob Mistake #1 - Create as many forums as they can think of.
You are far better off having 1 forum section with 10 threads than 20 forum sections with 10 threads scattered amongst them. Make use of prefixes. NO new forum should ever ever ever have that many forums. Unless ofcourse you want the visitor to click away as soon as they get to the site.

I'm aware of the image size, that is something that is on my todo list today! Thank you!

And about the empty forum sections, that is just a shell of the forum because I have writers that are working on filling them up! :) It's coming along slowly but surely!

@tajhay. I took your advice and took a few of the categories away until we get some more content on the forum. Please take a look and let me know what you think now. I am using pre-fixes within the forum. If you want to take a look at the forum while logged in, I can create a demo account and give you the log in info.

@tajhay. I took your advice and took a few of the categories away until we get some more content on the forum. Please take a look and let me know what you think now. I am using pre-fixes within the forum. If you want to take a look at the forum while logged in, I can create a demo account and give you the log in info.
Still waaaay too many for my liking.

For example you have the category Financial Institution Saving. Under that you have 5 forums!! I would have had 1 forum for that, and had 5 prefixes to cater for all the different options such as Banks, Credit Unions etc. Think also about user experience. I shouldnt need to scroll down so much to find the exact forum to post in. Make things simpler, easier, and you will be rewarded. Right not users are simply going to be overwhelmed as to what forum to post in etc.

Good luck man.

Top Bottom