• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Make the HOME link to the 'Your News Feed'

Digital Doctor

Redirecting the Home Tab is a great idea.
It should be renamed though if you are going to redirect it to the user's News Feed.

===== This is OFF topic which refers to the Home Link in the Breadcrumb ===========
The Home link (in the breadcrumb) need removing !

If someone is in desperate need to get to the From Home Page or the Home Home Page .... then they might want to click the gigantic tabs above the breadcrumb !

With so many people removing the Home Link in the breadcrumb, and many others renaming and redirecting the link elsewhere, I hope the redudant and confusing Home in the bread dies, as it should.

Jamie

I understand your opinion, but I don't think it needs removing...

On my site I have used the home link to redirect my members to the recent activity of the site, which is something I have been wanting to be able to do in both vB and IPB and yet they both told me that having a activity stream was too server intensive and here I have just what I wanted running under xF.

You are free to remove the Home tab and link if you so choose, but it's a case by case basis.

I am not sure where the 'Breadcrumn mentality gone wrong' statement came from in your response as breadcrumb and the home tab are two different things.

Jamie

Digital Doctor

I am not sure where the 'Breadcrumn mentality gone wrong' statement came from in your response as breadcrumb and the home tab are two different things.
Thank you Jaime. My error.
I thought this was eluding to the Home "section" of the Breadcrumb.
The Home Tab itself is super important !

Post updated.