Make Staff Replies In Certain Board Colored?

Sir nick

Hello,

I'm interested in making replies in my support board a different color. Like a like brown. Anyone know of a way to do this?

Not in detail or the actual means but you would need to think along the lines of if user is a certain user group and post submitted then use "x" styling option which would probably need you to make you own styling markup for it in EXTRA.css. I haven't thought of or tried this so I can't offer you a method or even guarantee that something like what I said would work. But it is a place for you to start investigating at least

I see Ryan's already done this on Postloop with a special .staff CSS class, but I'm not sure of the exact implementation...just thought I'd let you know it's been done. :)

EDIT: ...yeah; it's what Brogan said. haha

There is actually a staff class which is currently unused so you can create your own css for that.

View attachment 10738

Just add it to EXTRA.css and that should achieve what you want.
Really...just like that huh....well color me stupid. I though this would have taken a lot. Just add some css and your cooking with gas. Nice.

If you wanna utilise the staff class, just do something like:
{xen:if {$thread.node_id} == x, 'staff'}

Stick that code in your li: <li class="someClass {xen:if {$thread.node_id} == x, 'staff'}">

Job done.

Just been looking, in the message template is the following code:
Code:
<li id="{$messageId}" class="message {xen:if $message.isDeleted, 'deleted'} {xen:if '{$message.is_admin} OR {$message.is_moderator}', 'staff'}" data-author="{$message.username}">

As you can see, the staff check is done here:
Code:
{xen:if '{$message.is_admin} OR {$message.is_moderator}', 'staff'}"

I've not ran a check but if you dump the $message variable (probably should wrap it in a conditional or your PHP will probably run out of memory dumping it for every message) you should be able to use $message.node_id.

It would only be used for the admin group. :). Just trying to figure it out because I'd like to show staff replies.

Top Bottom