Not planned Make life harder for spambots

I had an idea to make life complex for spambots during registration process that i implemented in a MyBB Plugin but i want to post it here on XenForo as i'm considering moving in this new board my developing skills.

Basically what my plugin does is to rename form input NAME to something random to confuse spambots.

Let's say instead of "action" the field is named "a0ba6f6f61afee5223568eadee78cc9" and the same measure is applied to every form field.

And the form field is generated with an user-defined KEY so spambots can't know what "a0ba6f6f61afee5223568eadee78cc9" means neither try to reconstruct it from "action" as they don't have all the variables necessary to generate it.

I think this measure would stop spambots unless they're human...

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I have no clue what you are talking about :) , but fighting spambots is definitely required..... at least for my type of forum.

Great idea!

I have no clue what you are talking about :) , but fighting spambots is definitely required..... at least for my type of forum.

Great idea!
It can be also an useless idea considering the Kier and Mike's ability because XenForo may not have the need of this measure but i propose it the same. ;)

Top Bottom