XF 1.5 Main Navigation & Breadcrumbs

As my forum is to be integrated with my blog, the main navigation of the forum included the top level menu items of the blog.
The default "Home" tab has been replaced by a "Home" link that returns to the main blog and the "Forums" tab has been changed to say "Community".

Now what I need is for the "Community" link to have the following child links:
Forums
Media
Resources
Members

These child links should not appear in the top level menu as they do by default. The top level (main) blog menu and the top level community menu must look exactly the same for the sake of continuity and I don't have and won't be adding those links to the blog as they aren't necessary there and would cause confusion.

In the second level menu (the one that appears below the top menu when you are on a particular page) I want the same links as appear by default.
So for instance, when on the main Community page (Forums by default) it would have all of the links that normally appear when you are on the "Forums" section: "Mark Forums Read", "Search Forums" etc., etc.
The same for Media, Resources, and Members.

So, the first question is: How can I make that happen?
Would creating a separate homepage for Community work? If so, how do I do that exactly?

NOW FOR THE BREADCRUMBS

On ever single internal page of the community, the first two breadcrumbs must be Home (which returns to the main blog page) and Community (which returns to the forums list page). I don't have breadcrumbs on the main forum list page, so that's not an issue.

I've figured out how to set the breadcrumb for the blog homepage, but I cannot figure out how to get "Community" as the second link without causing issues with the rest of the breadcrumbs. The problem arises with the fact that the "Community" page IS the "Forums" page, so no matter what I've tried when I add a third link and I'm in the Forums section, I get a redundancy of Community > Community.

The second question is: how do I get this structure for the breadcrumbs without the redundancy and without the second and third breadcrumbs in the Forum section going to the same place?

The third link is dependent on which section you're in, so for "Forums" it would need to be "Forums", for "Media" it would be "Media", and so on.

The last item in the breadcrumbs needs to be the current page the visitor is on rather than the parent of that page as it is by default.

The third question is: how do I get the current page to be the last item in the breadcrumbs.

I would appreciate any help, even just a nudge in the right direction for tutorials would be lovely.
Thank you in advance for any help or guidance.

Hello,

Did you get to resolve/solve your first question? I have the same issue and the support team is not helping at all.

To be specific, I want to change the default breadcrumb item "Forum" to a different name and different URL.

Hello,

Did you get to resolve/solve your first question? I have the same issue and the support team is not helping at all.

To be specific, I want to change the default breadcrumb item "Forum" to a different name and different URL.

No, not exactly. In fact, you are the only one to have replied to the question at this point.

Top Bottom