1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mailing list?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by KURTZ, Aug 3, 2010.

1. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

i'm wondering about this feature, and i need to know how this will be handled by XF ... :) there is something special? :D

2. Floris

Floris Guest

Very curious about this myself, but .. there are already threads about this.

3. cedivad

cedivad Active Member

Where?

4. Ahmed

Ahmed Well-Known Member

Where?

5. KURTZ

KURTZ Well-Known Member

+1 :D

6. Rhydian

Rhydian Active Member

KURTZ likes this.
  7. Floris

Floris Guest

8. cedivad

cedivad Active Member

With mailing list i mean discussion list.
    However thanks =)

9. Floris

Floris Guest

I do not know what you mean, sorry.

10. gordy

gordy Well-Known Member

He's talking about mailman - ( the kind seen often in conjunction with software projects, albeit mainly in the FOSS world)

Before there was twitter, mailman and IRC were used to keep your devs / contributers and following informed.

11. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

Pssst gordy - you might want to fix that typo.... unless that was deliberate. In which case - ahahaha.

12. gordy

gordy Well-Known Member

Got it, thanks!

13. Floris

Floris Guest

Gordy: It was nice talking to you on IRC the other day by the way :) </offtopic>

Ah, I see what is meant now, thanks for taking the time to explain it to me :) Yeah, we use IRC as our site's "virtual office", I still find it the best. Anything that's bigger and requires say attachments or reference records, will be put in staff threads anyway. I never used twitter to stay in touch with the staff or discuss things, nor mailman.