Mail Sending Limits - What are large sites doing?

MapleOne

So most webhosts limit the amount of emails one can send from a hosting package.

So what are Xenforo owners with really large forums doing for email?

So lets say you have 300 outgoing emails notifications for the hour and the host kills them at 100.

I know Xenforo has the built in notification but on really large forums when a ton of members subscribe to email notifications you are bound to go over the send limits. Then you have the members that quit the forum and instead of unsubscribing they mark you as spam and eventually the IP get flagged.

I am looking for advice from members with larger forums to see how they handle this mail issue with send limits.

I own a couple od smaller forums and am already running into this issue.

The only thing that held me up was that they wanted this long, involved description of what we would be using SES for. I had a brief description and they rejected it.
I've had them reject it, send a list of exact points they want addressed which were all addressed in the original message that I've replied to copying the original request message and then had it approved. I'm fairly certain they don't read the original message regardless of what you put lol

I've had them reject it, send a list of exact points they want addressed which were all addressed in the original message that I've replied to copying the original request message and then had it approved. I'm fairly certain they don't read the original message regardless of what you put lol
I wouldn't be surprised if we both received the same "form letter" as a response. 😁 This is what I received when I switched from sandbox to production mode:

Thank you for submitting your request to increase your sending limits. We are unable to grant your request at this time because we do not have enough information about your use case.

If you can provide additional information about how you plan to use Amazon SES, we may be able to grant your request. In your response, include as much detail as you can about your email-sending processes and procedures.

For example, tell us how often you send email, how you maintain your recipient lists, and how you manage bounces, complaints, and unsubscribe requests. It is also helpful to provide examples of the email you plan to send so we can ensure that you are sending high-quality content.

You can provide this information by replying to the correspondence, in the console link below. Our team provides an initial response to your request within 24 hours. If we’re able to do so, we'll grant your request within this 24-hour period. However, if we need to obtain additional information from you, it might take longer to resolve your request.

Thank you for contacting Amazon Web Services.

For a dedicated IP, do you allow your own different websites and personal mail to share it? Or do you truly dedicate an IP to one website? Or use an IP for all your XF sites, but not personal? Just curious. Dedicated IP can mean Controlled Shared in essence. Thanks.

Top Bottom