Looking to replace the comments section of my WordPress site with a forum. Should I use Xenforo, or a native WordPress forum solution (like BBPress)?

My WordPress website will be launching in a few months. As part of this, I will be looking to replace the comments section of blog posts with a forum. I know that Xenforo is the best forum solution on the market and can be integrated with WordPress, but I am concerned with how compatible it would be with WordPress website (including all of its plugins).

Is it better to go with Xenforo, or is it better to incorporate a native WordPress forum solution (like BBPress) and look towards bolstering its set of features?

I know that both options require heavy customisation, but with that said, what option would you recommend?

I know that Xenforo is the best forum solution on the market and can be integrated with WordPress, but I am concerned with how compatible it would be with WordPress website (including all of its plugins).
I agree and made XFtoWP.com to integrate comments and e-commerce/ membership plugins easily with your forum. You can see the plugin here:

I agree and made XFtoWP.com to integrate comments and e-commerce/ membership plugins easily with your forum. You can see the plugin here:

Can XFtoWP be further customised by my own developers so that it can be made to work with other WP plugins?

I like XF... I like the look and feel of it. I also appreciate the fact that it's incredibly feature rich.

kolakube - I appreciate the plugin but do you know if Xenforo itself offers what I need natively to take over the comments? My site does not have any users with logins and I would like to do what this op does and have the comments from the XF forums go back and forth and replace the native comments section. My WP install uses a template.

kolakube - I appreciate the plugin but do you know if Xenforo itself offers what I need natively to take over the comments? My site does not have any users with logins and I would like to do what this op does and have the comments from the XF forums go back and forth and replace the native comments section. My WP install uses a template.
You might try this free plugin: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/article-and-forum-connect-xenforo-and-wordpress.8405/ (the free version wont need user syncing, and since you dont have that it might work for you)

Top Bottom