Looking for fast speed hosting

Not the entire network.
My sites hosted on Singapore DC was all fine at all.

Singapore, Tokyo, and Frankfurt were apparently not affected. Atlanta, Dallas, Newark, London, Fremont, and wherever they host their own site were under attack.

Problem is we couldn't login to Manager Dashboard also, so we can't do any administration/move servers.

guess now its even more important to have a reliable one :)

If you do stay with linode at least get another server from them in tokyo or so for a mysql and web replica.

Couldn't you move your data from dallas to frankfurt and serve from there? Should be done in 15-30 minutes.

If you do stay with linode at least get another server from them in tokyo or so for a mysql and web replica.

The problem with that, is that nothing says that Frankfurt, Singapore, etc. aren't going to be attacked at some point. They've attacked somewhere around 5 out of their 8 locations, why leave the other 3 go? You have to figure as well that Singapore would probably be the easiest of the locations to knock completely offline.

The bigger problem is that if a DDoS attack takes down an entire datacenter (or whatever large chunk of it they own/utilize) for an entire week, there is something very wrong with that. I know all the Linode fanboys hate hearing stuff like that, but have you ever heard of an entire location being taken down like that for this long? I've seen DDoS attacks take down entire networks, datacenters, and even countries, but certainly not for this long. If the datacenter can't mitigate an attack like this after a week, it's time to move somewhere that can. Linode obviously isn't up to the task.

Most likely you couldn't deploy a server in a new location now even if you wanted to as their interface is in Dallas, and Dallas is still off line http://status.linode.com/ As @WSWD said this is going to be something very hard for them to recover from being off line this long in some locations. Moving to a AntiDDoS model that can sustain a very large attack is about the only solution they can do now to try to rebuild their now very tarnished reputation. There is no magic wand for that either, hardware has to be ordered, racked, configured and traffic routed though it along with it being a holiday weekend coming up, could cause even more delays as normally data centers don't have extra hardware firewalls and such just in stock to move to a new model to sustain something at this level. I really do feel bad for them, never been a fanboy, but have always had respect for what they built from just a few servers in Dallas many moons ago. As much as it sucks and I'd never wish this on any provider, many smaller providers are now starting to get in refugees from this. We have gained three new communities in the last 72 hours from this.

Looks like Soft Layer is having issues too.. Few clients just notified me mailgun is timing out.. Seeing some errors like this in a few clients ACP's

Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to xxxxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx failed: Connection refused - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:277

I also having problems this week with Dallas linode.

I use cloudflare with cache everything for an hour on WordPress but xenforo that is not an option

I'm not having continuous downtime, just intermittent outtages for a minute at a time or so​

Yeah...I don't think it is continuous. Most people are reporting hours of downtime at a time, followed by a little uptime, then downtime again.

Today's main target seems to be Atlanta.

Considering Dallas' recent devastating weather, I'm not surprised domains hosted over there are having server issues.

Top Bottom