Add-on Looking for: default input customized per forum section

Wyvh

Greetings,
Dunno if it already exists, but if someone could make the follow add-on:

When you create a thread in forum X, the message textarea will automatically contain/append "Y".
If you create a thread in forum Z, the message textarea will automatically contain/append "T".

If it does already exist, please let me know.

Not really much to it.

You fill out the 'stencil' text on a per-forum basis via the ACP:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Then when someone tries to create a thread in that forum, that text is prefilled in to the message field:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi @NixFifty..I installed the add-on (atleast I think I did - I copied the files from the upload folder into my root area and then added the xml from Admin area in my website) but I don't see where how I can add the stencil. You said it's in the ACP which I am assuming is the Admin Control Panel. I don't see any option in it to do that. Can you guide me here, please? I am pretty new to xenforo itself btw..so maybe I am missing something.

I am looking to add a pretty elaborate template here - a table like structure with different headers, and room to fill out text. I am hoping that kind of thing will work with this - please let me know if it won't. Thanks!

Hi @NixFifty..I installed the add-on (atleast I think I did - I copied the files from the upload folder into my root area and then added the xml from Admin area in my website) but I don't see where how I can add the stencil. You said it's in the ACP which I am assuming is the Admin Control Panel. I don't see any option in it to do that. Can you guide me here, please? I am pretty new to xenforo itself btw..so maybe I am missing something.
Go to Admin Panel -> Applications -> Display Node Tree

From there, select the forum you want to add the stencil to and use the editor that appears to add your stencil content.

Top Bottom