Looking for a Testimonial or Case Study: Google Search Traffic

CivilWarTalk

I am currently highly impressed with Xenforo, and I think I would like to use it as my primary forum platform. I like the functionality, and the speed, and it's rock solid from what I can tell. I also checked out the demo of the backend, also very impressive.

I'd be converting from vB4.0, I just don't like the way things are going with that platform. Enough said.

But, I can't find a detailed report on what type of hit my Google search traffic will take after conversion, and how long the recovery would take to return to normal levels.

About 6 months ago I dropped vBSEO and my traffic initially dropped to half for about 3 weeks, but then it quickly recovered to normal levels in 5 weeks, and after 7 months my traffic was double my prior traffic record.

I value the income I'm making with Adsense and VigLink, and I dread a drop off of traffic that will impact my income, but if I could hear some positive information about converting to Xenforo, I'd feel more comfortable jumping in the pool and playing with everyone here.

My forum (vB4.0): http://CivilWarTalk.com
Stats: Almost 4,000 members, 348,000 posts
Monthly Traffic: 50,000 visitors, 240,000 page views
Daily Activity: 150 to 250 visitors at the same time

I guess some of my plugins could be an issue: I use AddonChat, vBAdvanced CMPS, and Forum Runner, but I'm sure there are or will be equivalent Xenforo addons soon.

If you've converted from vB to Xenforo, would you be so kind as to share you conversion experience, particularly the part about your traffic after conversion, the drop-off and the eventual recovery. If you can provide numbers and figures to back-up your case, that would be awesome!

I will be able to provide you and everyone here with that kind of info as I was planning to make a thread on that topic.
We moved from vb 3.8 a month ago and the traffic has not dropped one bit, but steadily increased. Our sitemap is now fully indexed, the number of post per day increase by over 100%.
It may have to do with our move to a new server during this period which cut page load to 1 second.

Some basic stats
9K members (I purged inactive members prior to moving from 20K+)
Monthly traffic :60K unique and 600K pageviews
Daily unique: 3-4K/daily

The 3 add-ons Or at least their equivalent are available. Jaxels portal with an array of modules (modules are in a separate thread) can be found here. Taiga chat add-on can be found here and forumrunner is also available for xenforo and the developers thread offering this service can be found here.

About 6 months ago I dropped vBSEO and my traffic initially dropped to half for about 3 weeks, but then it quickly recovered to normal levels in 5 weeks, and after 7 months my traffic was double my prior traffic record.

Good grief, my math sucks, I guess I dropped vBSEO more like 9 months ago...

Thanks for the updates, Andy.N, this is exactly the type of report I was hoping to hear, any info you post I'll be reading very carefully....

Top Bottom