Looking for 2 Plugins (title edit) and (@name alerts)

Kane Hart

Now I would have done request but I seen these already on another forum now it might be all in house but they were good and cool features.

1) let users edit their titles.

2) typing @name would alert the user and good for things like multi quoting without QUOTING!

@Jim that is correct

@Rob Not this week but next

and it let you click the @name also for user info I think.

Editing user titles is a usergroup/user permission.

Ideally, as with virtually all other good forums, EVERY user can edit the title of the thread for at least 5 minutes afterwards.

If forum users had rights (The Charter of Rights and Freedoms for Forum Users) ... being able to edit the title should be a right, not a privilege.

Title editing (at least for 10 minutes) ... shouldn't depend on race or religion or creed or mod status .... should be available to members, not just mods or admins.

Xenforo is quite odd unique so far in that it allows users to edit their posts indefinitely without "Edited" status ... and doesnt allow people to edit titles EVER !

It doesn't make sense at all.
I think some people make mistakes when the post things ... and thankfully they can change them.
Gmail has a feature where you can UnSEND an entire email.
Xenforo locks your title in Forever ... even if you want to change it 10 seconds later.

It's very End User unfriendly (very unXenforo like !)
This is extra unfair to end users as they have come to expect the ability to edit titles from using other software.

I gave me users the ability to delete their threads... I guess that will have to do for now haha. They can delete a entire thread but can't edit a topic title :P

Top Bottom