Looking at moving over vbulletin 4.2.5

parafly9

Hello! I have been running a VB 4.2.5 site for nearly a decade (although the site was started by the previous owner in 1998!)

Anyway, I need to get away from VB because of issues with compatability, mobile usability, security, etc. It's just way past due.

So I have a few questions, in searching I'm not clear on it all.

- The current site is comprised of 2 parts a "front end" (wordpress based) and the forums (at subdomain forums.mysite.com). The look & feel of each is the same, and there was some custom work done on the wordpress side that pulled new threads and put them on a custom home page , etc.
I assume I'd need to change / update some of that. Are there any good WP / XF integrations out there?

- We have Photopost on the site which is ancient and can't even be downloaded anymore. Do I just get the XF gallery add on and will it take that info in?

- I use Google DFP to serve ads, I assume I'd need to re-integrate this, is it native to Xenforo or require a plugin?

Do I need to pay for continuous Xenforo support year after year, or jsut when upgrades are required? Some time ago this site was profitable but now I just keep it on for the community mostly. It's primarily break even now for hosting costs after the DFP ads and occasional advertiser. In other words, does the licnese expire after 1 year, or just the support?

There are a couple of XF to WP bridges - you can check here for something suitable: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/categories/add-ons-2-x.44/

XFMG 2.2 can import from Photopost Pro 8.x and Photopost vBGallery for VB.

There is a built in ad template system which you can use to serve ads.

The initial license purchase is a one off payment, which includes 12 months of support and updates.

After 12 months, the license is still valid and you can continue to use the software with no additional charges, but should you wish to download new releases or access ticket support, you would need to purchase a 1 year extension.

Otherwise you can choose not to renew support and remain on the same version.

Thanks - is XFMG 2.2 the official Xenforo media thing that is in the sales page?

Also - do you have anyone who helps theme conversion? I have a fairly detailed theme and I want to retain mostly the same styling and colors.

Yes - you can see it in action here:

You can't convert VB styles to XF - you would have to create a new style, copying the layout, colours, etc.

There are some third party stylers who can do that.

Yes - you can see it in action here:

You can't convert VB styles to XF - you would have to create a new style, copying the layout, colours, etc.

There are some third party stylers who can do that.

Perfect thank you very much

Top Bottom