Lack of interest Login / Register Pop Up / Overlay

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

robert1122

Instead of sliding the login form to the top, on click you should have it pop-up like when you click the arrow in the box where it tells you where you are (home/forums/general discussions/xenforo suggestions) sorry didn't know what to call it. Other then that very nice forum software, I am looking forward to buying it.

-- Robert

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Instead of sliding the login form to the top, on click you should have it pop-up like when you click the arrow in the box where it tells you where you are (home/forums/general discussions/xenforo suggestions) sorry didn't know what to call it. Other then that very nice forum software, I am looking forward to buying it.

-- Robert

I like that idea better too.

Personally I think that the login at the top is the starting point of the site. Can't get more in front of the pixels than 0.

Instead of it dropping down like it does currently could we have the option in admin panel to change it to a popup as i don't like the drop down i prefer a popup.

You can definitely change this in the templating system. SImply remove the id that jquery searches for and add it to the lightbox/bluebox one. no need to crowd the panel with personal preferences.

Hello ,

Is it possible to offer Register and Login pages inside an overlay instead of current sliding method. When i showed XenForo to my members they all disliked the sliding option and requested an overlay instead of sliding. It will be great if this will be offered as an option so we can choose which version to use. As XenForo already uses many overlays i think it should not be that hard to achieve this.

Shouldn't be too hard. Im sure all that needs to be done is have the content you want in a div and just insert the jquery id into it for it to be overlaid.

Guys i suggest that instead of the drop down like we currently have, Have an option to enable a box to open that has login | register on the pop up

I like this idea a lot. I'm not a huge fan of the sliding thing, but I suppose giving an option for one or the other to the owner would be fantastic. Or even a third option that takes the user to a new page to login.

I believe it is, you would need to assign css class "OverlayTrigger" to the link, and it should display it on a overlay, thought i don't believe it is optimized for this, and it might not fit well.

Top Bottom