• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Log-out all users

Hi!

The question is simple, we need a way to log out all the users currently signed in and remembered.
I tried removing the session rows from the xf_session table but it didn't work.

Any leads on this would be great, thanks.

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
I haven't tested this but changing the cookie prefix in library/config.php should do it.
Code:
$config['cookie'] = array(
'prefix' => 'yourprefix_',
'path' => '/',
'domain' => ''
);
Why do you need to force log out for all of the members?

Jake Bunce

XenForo moderator
Staff member
^agree with Brogan

Note that the default cookie prefix is 'xf_' so you need to use something different. That will invalidate all existing login and "remember me" cookies thereby forcing everyone to login again.

Deepmartini

Is there an addon which the admin can use to force a member to logout? That way if you have someone disrupting your site, you can force logout (and ban them?). Or maybe just log them out for 24 hours. I didn't see this anywhere in the control panel so not sure if this is an option.

Jeremy

The only option you have is to temporary ban them, you can invalidate the cookies, but that'll only work once.

Jeremy

I see no reason for one, just temporarily ban the user. You could in theory just invalidate his password; but that'd require him/her to be logged out before visiting your site.