1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Log-out all users

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by SpencerSharkey, May 19, 2013.

1. Hi!

The question is simple, we need a way to log out all the users currently signed in and remembered.
    I tried removing the session rows from the xf_session table but it didn't work.

Any leads on this would be great, thanks.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I haven't tested this but changing the cookie prefix in library/config.php should do it.
    Code:
    $config['cookie'] = array(
    'prefix' => 'yourprefix_',
    'path' => '/',
    'domain' => ''
    );
    Why do you need to force log out for all of the members?

Jake Bunce likes this.
  3. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

^agree with Brogan

Note that the default cookie prefix is 'xf_' so you need to use something different. That will invalidate all existing login and "remember me" cookies thereby forcing everyone to login again.

Brogan likes this.
  4. Yeah :) It worked. Should of thought of that in the first place.

Thanks guys

5. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

Is there an addon which the admin can use to force a member to logout? That way if you have someone disrupting your site, you can force logout (and ban them?). Or maybe just log them out for 24 hours. I didn't see this anywhere in the control panel so not sure if this is an option.

6. Jeremy

Jeremy Well-Known Member

The only option you have is to temporary ban them, you can invalidate the cookies, but that'll only work once.

7. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

Do you think an addon that does this would be easy to create?

8. Jeremy

Jeremy Well-Known Member

I see no reason for one, just temporarily ban the user. You could in theory just invalidate his password; but that'd require him/her to be logged out before visiting your site.