Implemented Log Administrator & Moderator actions

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Everything done in the ACP should be logged in an admin log including:

User account edits, template edited, forums edited/deleted with time stamps.

This is something we strongly need on our forums right now do to things happening around the site. We would also like to see when threads are deleted/moved but the first 3 requests are a priority.

Hey guys,
Recently one of my admins passwords was "exposed" lol, and a user was able to get into the admin panel, I have had secures now, only letting certain ip's into the admin.php but I noticed the lack of any kind of logs. So not sure what they did, but i know the user was able to edit the templates and add in his own little password logger, log all the passwords without me even noticing, then gain access to the super admins info and just cause more trouble. If he didn't TELL me (being a cocky basterd), it would have been such a trouble to track down, where the security hole was. Without logs I feel a admin could do anything and you would have no proof of who actuality did it, and general protection. I used vbulletins logs almost once a week, making sure no one was doing anything screwy tweaking post counts, baning or unbanning users. Logs are very important I hope they are hidden somewhere were I cant seem them.

Vbulletins extensive logging was some what over done but it really a feature that is needed for protection and just general monitoring of staff.

Everything done in the ACP should be logged in an admin log including:

User account edits, template edited, forums edited/deleted with time stamps.

This is something we strongly need on our forums right now do to things happening around the site. We would also like to see when threads are deleted/moved but the first 3 requests are a priority.

strongly agree.. account, template and forum editeds should be the highest priority right now i have no way of monitoring what my staff is doing which makes me very unsecure, if I knew about this before I converted, I would have had 2nd thoughts

This is something that really should be added. I had an administrator that used his password on a competitors site which got compromised which then lead to the script kiddies trying to deface our site. Using logs made it easier to see to see what they had done.

Agreed, this is very important. ACP logging is obviously most important (including IP address), logging of changes to posts, threads etc on the forum would also be useful, especially as there is no way to tell if a mod has edited a post.

This is something that really should be added. I had an administrator that used his password on a competitors site which got compromised which then lead to the script kiddies trying to deface our site. Using logs made it easier to see to see what they had done.
+1, there are limitless possibilities as to how this will come in handy :).

Any infos if this will be available in 1.1 or anybody working on an add-on for this?

I would like this as a core feature too.
It will be in 1.1
Here are a few features that will be in XenForo 1.1:
  • Right-to-left layout mode for Arabic (etc.) language support
  • Thread prefixes, definable at a per-forum and a per-user group basis
  • Warnings for trouble-making users
  • Ability for members to ignore other members
  • Custom user profile fields
  • Daily statistics
  • Admin CP search
  • Improved admin and moderator logging
  • Additional thread viewing permissions
  • Criteria-based user group promotions