XF 1.5 Locked out, email not working, 2 factor obfuscation

TheLaw

I've tried to disable 2 factor authentication but for me it kept nagging me about having it on. Ok, fine, so on every device and every browser I'm asked to authenticate myself, sometimes hiccups. Now here's the twist. Installed everything on a new site, looks nice. Try to get in but I'm stalled by 2 factor authentication (damn it! :D ) Something isn't working properly with the email setup - and now I can't get in to fix it. I've gone into the database to see what I could do to manually turn off the authentication from the database or see if I could obtain the code. But it's a BLOB.... So... next steps anyone? :D

Setup mail using SMTP to fix is one thing.

Another thing you can do is create an account, make it a super admin in config.php, remove 2FA from your account through the admin panel using the temp account and then delete the temp account you made and unsuperadmin it.

I can suggest ways to do it using database manipulation, but the above two methods are recommended.

Setup mail using SMTP to fix is one thing.

Another thing you can do is create an account, make it a super admin in config.php, remove 2FA from your account through the admin panel using the temp account and then delete the temp account you made and unsuperadmin it.

I can suggest ways to do it using database manipulation, but the above two methods are recommended.
I tried everything and I always seemed to get tripped up by having 2FA turned on for my benefit - including turning off 2FA from the superadmin.

Searching the forum I just found this - which will hopefully come in handy for others. In your config.php in the library directory, add:

Code:
 $config['enableTfa'] = false;

I tried everything and I always seemed to get tripped up by having 2FA turned on for my benefit - including turning off 2FA from the superadmin.

Searching the forum I just found this - which will hopefully come in handy for others. In your config.php in the library directory, add:

Code:
 $config['enableTfa'] = false;
Ahh, I forgot about that one. I'm used to my old fashioned methods.

Top Bottom