1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Loads of usergroups ? Could that affect load time ?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by allewreK, Aug 9, 2013.

1. allewreK

allewreK Active Member

Hello,

If I have like 100 usergroups on my board, each one with like 50 members, could that make my site slower ?

Are usergroups designed to be really flexible like that ?

Regards.

2. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

Why you would ever need to have 100 user groups?

3. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

No, amount of user groups shouldn't have any effect on your load time, other then maybe a page that listed all the groups and members within it, but even that shouldn't be really noticeable.

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It may cause issues during permission rebuilds, when creating private nodes for example.

5. aiman.h.kallaf

aiman.h.kallaf Active Member

my brain just over load from trying to think what would make me need to create 100 user group

6. allewreK

allewreK Active Member

A kind of custom add-on ^^

And even with these usergroups with "defaults" permission. 0 special permission for these. Can this still causes issues ?

BTW, I don't think I will have more than 50 usergroups (and less that 10 users in each group), so no problem with that ?

7. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You may have issues rebuilding permissions, but unless you are updating permissions constantly, you should be relatively fine.

A permissions combination for each group must be created.

allewreK likes this.
  8. allewreK

allewreK Active Member

@digitalpoint, since you have a big board, what is your opinion about that ?

Would you suggest me having 100 usergroups, or is that a bad idea ?

If I want so many usergroups, it is just for the username styling, not for the permissions.

9. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Well-Known Member

Truthfully, I'm not sure... I don't have that many usergroups... I *think* it should be okay normally with the way it's done... but like @Brogan said, might be some slowness when rebuilding permissions.

allewreK likes this.