Living Frugally -- A Community Dedicated to Life on a Budget

Static-Xbox

Hi all,

Fellow XenForo Owner, @Lee and I have been working on a brand new community and we'd like to get the word out about it, as now more than ever, people are living close to the bone. Everything is expensive, families are struggling with meals, entertainment, school costs, etc. Life is hard and sometimes we need to get together and talk about the best ways to get things done without breaking the bank! That's what this new community is all about!

A nice, simple community to chat, have fun and share ideas! We'd love for you to stop by and say hi :)

LF_LOGO.png

Attachments

• Index.webp
    Index.webp
    98.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Forum.webp
    Forum.webp
    40.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Media.webp
    Media.webp
    45.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Resources.webp
    Resources.webp
    34.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Fixed a small issue with the style in mobile and added a couple of icons and stuff that were missing. I'm pretty sure the design is complete as far as I would like to go now - I have some accessibility ideas that I would like to implement going forwards - over the next few weeks. :)

Hi all,

Fellow XenForo Owner, @Lee and I have been working on a brand new community and we'd like to get the word out about it, as now more than ever, people are living close to the bone. Everything is expensive, families are struggling with meals, entertainment, school costs, etc. Life is hard and sometimes we need to get together and talk about the best ways to get things done without breaking the bank! That's what this new community is all about!

A nice, simple community to chat, have fun and share ideas! We'd love for you to stop by and say hi :)

View attachment 272322
It is important not only to live sparingly but also to help each other, such as identifying and helping people who need help... The known world is increasingly bogged down.. Those who lost their jobs, etc...

Neat little site!
Thanks, @Lee has worked hard to ensure it's a great place!
It is important not only to live sparingly but also to help each other, such as identifying and helping people who need help... The known world is increasingly bogged down.. Those who lost their jobs, etc...
Completely agreed, these days we need to help one another as much as possible. Help people learn to budget, learn how to find savings, how to get by and afford things in a world increasingly expensive to live in.

But there is this, it is very interesting, all over the world, companies are getting smaller due to the economic crisis due to inflation, investments are decreasing, but in Turkey, on the contrary, companies are getting huge and investments are increasing. Do you know what is the reason for this? For years we have lived with inflation. We are immune. In any case, why should this be? Yes, as a people, we suffer from expensiveness. Although our wages often increase, we still suffer.

But there is this, it is very interesting, all over the world, companies are getting smaller due to the economic crisis due to inflation, investments are decreasing, but in Turkey, on the contrary, companies are getting huge and investments are increasing. Do you know what is the reason for this? For years we have lived with inflation. We are immune. In any case, why should this be? Yes, as a people, we suffer from expensiveness. Although our wages often increase, we still suffer.
I actually didn't know that about Turkey, that's really interesting! Living with such high inflation rates already, it makes sense that when the rest of the world catches up things wouldn't impact Turkey too much. That is incredible!

I actually didn't know that about Turkey, that's really interesting! Living with such high inflation rates already, it makes sense that when the rest of the world catches up things wouldn't impact Turkey too much. That is incredible!
Companies are making huge investments, doing huge works, the industry is working hard, but we see those investments.Our wages are rising. But an employee's retirement benefits are melting away. For example, 5 years ago, a worker could buy a house with retirement compensation. Now, with that pension, the retired worker can buy an old car. But the mountains were filled with stones, industries, residences and skyscrapers. Get out on the traffic don't have an old car. How does this work, I don't understand?

An example for you is that I have been in working life for 18 years. I work in the media industry. I am a journalist. I have worked in many channels. I entered the channel where I am now working with a job offer in 2019. There is so much circulation in the companies that 100 people went to other companies with higher job offers, and other employees that I don't know left. 🤣 We continue to have a small number at the moment. Because the company is posting a job posting, but no one is applying for the job posting. There are no unemployed.
We got our third pay raise.

I just got news. A company is looking for 40 employees who have posted an ad. For example, if 10000 TL is taken in the market, they offer a 15000 TL fee. I am at peace. I will not leave this company.

Experience has proven that there was a crisis in 2001 when there was an economic crisis. My industry is the first to be affected. They terminate employees directly. But today, the situation is the opposite with the company. The employee is looking but can't find it...! 🤣 I don't understand. What kind of thing is this mind-breaking.

I just got news. A company is looking for 40 employees who have posted an ad. For example, if 10000 TL is taken in the market, they offer a 15000 TL fee. I am at peace. I will not leave this company.
Sounds like you have a good employer? Hopefully things work out well for you in the future.

Are you seeing inflated prices in the energy sector yet...?

Sounds like you have a good employer? Hopefully things work out well for you in the future.

Are you seeing inflated prices in the energy sector yet...?
Every day I go to work by car, the government has reduced the gasoline… We buy it cheaper. I'm officially out of my mind right now. Isn't oil increasing all over the world?

of inflation is in Turkey? Due to my profession, I meet with the industrialist of a product up to the raw material producer.Industry says: The dollar has risen a lot, so we increase our production capacity and send most of the products abroad.Therefore, 40% of the products enter Turkey. All of them are going abroad. The public is attacking the markets, but I also look at the markets. The product is abundant... I have never seen that the product is scarce...! What a contradiction... Is there a magic hand in Turkey?

Top Bottom