Other Live Threads As A Chatbox?

DRE

Do we really need a chatbox on the forum home? With Live Threads by @sonnb couldn't we just create a thread called "The Chatbox" and assign it to a module like Promoted Content by @Daniel Hood using BD Widget Framework by @xfrocks to put the block anywhere we please? I ask this because currently use Taigachat Pro by @Luke Foreman which although it's a great addon, the only way to save our chats is to assign it to a person or bot. After the messages are archived we can no longer edit them. If our chatbox is a thread called chatbox then that solves that problem.

If you are chatting, just random stuff, why in the world do you need to go back and edit them anyway?
Simple stuff like me misspelling something gets on my nerves. I'm sure it probably gets on my members nerves too. They can't edit their past chats.

After some thought, I realized that Newest Post First by @Waindigo has a feature where the reply box is at the top (like a chatbox). If we can set a thread to be assigned as "newest post first" with this addon this might work.

Wouldn't it be easier and more efficient to make (or have made) a script that puts a new thread called "Chat Log - Aug 8th, 2013", in a board of your choice (probably called chat logs) with all the messages as replies? This script could be a cron job that runs every day at midnight? While live threads are cool and good for what they are, I don't feel they're a -live- chat replacement.

Top Bottom