Little change, HUGE improvement

rickhz

Screen Shot 2016-07-06 at 12.43.41 PM.webp I changed my guest message from "Block" to "Floating" and do not let it turn off. Guests either have to deal with an obstruction, register, or log in to their existing account. I had no idea how many registered users were dealing with the site as a guest.

The results speak for themselves...

BTW, this is much more in line to what we were experiencing while using Vb3. I was very disappointed with the number of new registrations I was seeing after our switch and attributed it to a change in search engine traffic due to the software change.

What's funny is that the notice I used in VB wasn't intrusive. It was much more like the "Block" option in Xenforo.

I don't mind if they browsing as a guest, If they don't plan to post anything they don't need to register.
I don't see why you want them to register if they are not going to post anything.

I don't mind if they browsing as a guest, If they don't plan to post anything they don't need to register.
I don't see why you want them to register if they are not going to post anything.
Registering puts them one step closer to posting.. with that being said i suppose the proof is in the pudding but i dont think i could do it..

View attachment 137243 I changed my guest message from "Block" to "Floating" and do not let it turn off. Guests either have to deal with an obstruction, register, or log in to their existing account. I had no idea how many registered users were dealing with the site as a guest.

The results speak for themselves...
Can you explain the changes that you made?

Can you explain the changes that you made?
/admin.php?notices/
He had a notice that was shown to guests browsing encouraging them to register, and changed the notice type from 'Block' to 'Floating'

Could you also show your Posts stats? I'd like to see if the increase in registrations translates to an increase in posts/activity?

Post haven't picked up yet. Just the Active Users and Registrations.

Unless these individuals are contributing to the sites content, I'm not sure of the value of them registering. I guess its worth seeing if it gets them to become more active members eventually.

I've tried this several months ago when it was only possible with Chris' addon.

In my case, I had an increase in user registrations, but that didn't mean more posts or seeing them online.
Registered users don't see ads, but even that didn't encourage them to stay online.
I concluded that they're just dead weight.

I've taken away those popups, but the main page is clean and focuses on user registration/access, then I have UI.X with a top menu with both options always visible.
As user registration isn't in your face anymore, I don't have to carry dead weight and I'm getting a bit more from ads since guests spend a bit more time as they aren't annoyed with ads and popups, now it's just ads.

If you want to take a look, mtb.uy

Top Bottom