LiteSpeed Web Server

Claudio

Has anyone have experience using LiteSpeed + cPanel?

I´m looking for install it on my dedicate server but before that I want to hear positive feedback :)

Unless you're getting a multi core license, there isn't much reason to get LiteSpeed, as there are free offers that perform just as well.

but they say that lighspeed web server is more faster than apache and also that I can obtain at least 50% more speed

but they say that lighspeed web server is more faster than apache and also that I can obtain at least 50% more speed
With a multi core license, yes you can get more than 50% speed.

However the cost outweighs the benefit if you're not a high traffic site, or aren't constantly DDoS'd.

Nginx is a better solution if you're wanting something free (I think you can get 30-40% improvement, if not more).

I didn´t know Nginx, is it stable and secure?

My knowledge about server is a little, but I know how install cpanel (its no so complicated xD )
Nginx is easy to install? Can I use CentOS, cpanel and Nginx?

Nginx is very stable, secure and quite easy to install.

I believe there's an Nginx plugin for WHM, but I don't use control panels - don't quote me on that. Nginx works on any distro.

Tests were done using different hardware.
What version of LiteSpeed was used, was it the latest version of LiteSpeed?
It appears that the servers were into two different locations. The Nginx one was closer (observe the connection times)
Why were document lengths different?

To conclude, it looks like a pretty poor comparison to me, however - I really suggest you yourself do the benchmarking - each environment and setup is unique, and there's no telling what is better for you until your environment has been tested with both; so yes, same php.ini, flags, etc.

Tests were done using different hardware.
What version of LiteSpeed was used, was it the latest version of LiteSpeed?
It appears that the servers were into two different locations. The Nginx one was closer (observe the connection times)
Why were document lengths different?

To conclude, it looks like a pretty poor comparison to me, however - I really suggest you yourself do the benchmarking - each environment and setup is unique, and there's no telling what is better for you until your environment has been tested with both; so yes, same php.ini, flags, etc.

It is a poor comparison, but you'd be hard-pressed to show that Nginx is slower by any significant value. If at all.

LiteSpeed exists purely to extract cash from your wallet. The developers of LiteSpeed have a history of not addressing serious security concerns and they even refuse to run a real benchmark set again Nginx. Somewhere, deep down, they know LS would get trounced at worst, made to look less valuable at best.

The cost of LS along is a HUGE negative point for them along with some really silly license limits and how those license limits are counted.

5 Host license? 4 of those get eaten by one domain (www.domain.tld, domain.tld, https://domain.tld/, https://www.domain.tld/).

You would be a fool to give LiteSpeed a second thought with options like Nginx around.

It's a great product if you need support - but you pay quite a bit for that support. IIRC, they charge per incident. And it isn't cheap.

I run a server at WiredTree - they offer Litespeed as an upgrade to their standard cPanel VPS packages and I am very happy with it. Litespeed is a great webserver that allows me to host a lot more than I could otherwise. It uses next to no RAM compared to MySQL which leaves it free to cache a lot more indices. :)

Top Bottom