LiteSpeed Speeds Up XenForo in New Case Study

I understand that, @Slavik. The thing is, you should NOT need to perform any rewrite rules, as they are very expensive on server resources. I don't use any rewrite rules on Nginx to have friendly URL's in XenForo (for example). I fact, I don't use any rewrite rules, as they are not needed. :)
http://www.axivo.com/go/openssl
Code:
location /go {
        location /go/openssl {
                return  301 https://www.axivo.com/community/threads/180/;
        }
}

You must be running some rewrite somewhere to remove the index.php from your urls no?

Having said that, would be interesting to set up some benchmarks to find out how much of an effect the re-writes have on XenForo under litespeed...

OpenLiteSpeed is aimed more towards the sysadmins, granted it has a few down sides, but, they're working with us to provide a solid, alternative solution to Nginx.
Just out of interest, by "[...]working with us[...]" does us mean sysadmin's community through open source input and discussion, or does us mean XenForo staff are involved official and giving testing and feedback?

Just out of interest, by "[...]working with us[...]" does us mean sysadmin's community through open source input and discussion, or does us mean XenForo staff are involved official and giving testing and feedback?

The former...

You don't. Nginx uses the try_files directive to avoid rewrites, beside a 301 redirect.

I don't know enough about nginx to comment realy, a quick look through their documentation seems to suggest all it does is attempt to load things backwards from the desired end url first, and then work backwards until something works, rather than the .htaccess way of taking the working url and altering it forwards.

I could see the benefit for sure, though, as to how LS handles that, id have to ask one of their techs.

Thanks for doing this, I'm sure others will appreciate it.
Honestly, for me will be very difficult to switch as, you said it very well the Nginx required learning curve is way behind me. I've been using it since 2006.

Thanks for doing this, I'm sure others will appreciate it.
Honestly, for me will be very difficult to switch as, you said it very well the Nginx required learning curve is way behind me. I've been using it since 2006.
Digging deep into nginx for the past weeks, I can so understand you. I just wanted to add something here and there, now I am at the point of understanding every single entry of my configuration. Lots of redirects and different server configurations depending on where the user is located, all done without a single rewrite. nginx is more like math, apache like basic. I like the elegance of nginx.

I did use Litespeed, setting my server up using the how to setup on this forum from @Slavik which was excellent.

Top Bottom