List Your Best Examples of User Experience / Interface !

zooki

Making fast, reliable software is important. Equally important is design. Sometimes I see a site, and it has the best of both worlds!

1. BBC News: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

The BBC News site. The way they Use the titles, placing of media/ images is perfect. Easy to read and not distracting. You can tell serious research went into it. (hmm.. is it funded by TV license? hence no ads for UK users!)

List your favourite examples

Making fast, reliable software is important. Equally important is design. Sometimes I see a site, and it has the best of both worlds!

1. BBC News: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/

The BBC News site. The way they Use the titles, placing of media/ images is perfect. Easy to read and not distracting. You can tell serious research went into it. (hmm.. is it funded by TV license? hence no ads for UK users!)

List your favourite examples

The 2 channels (and various other BBC channels if your on digital) come with no commercials (ads) but yeah the BBC network is funded by tv licenses though by default there are 3 other default channels the UK has which are ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 which do have commercials (too many if you ask me).

The 2 channels (and various other BBC channels if your on digital) come with no commercials (ads) but yeah the BBC network is funded by tv licenses though by default there are 3 other default channels the UK has which are ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 which do have commercials (too many if you ask me).
Adverts every 15 minutes, I agree with it being too many.
Still, I've been watching Brand X with Russell Brand which is aired on FOX in USA, I think, and they have adverts like every 8 minutes. Thank the lord I'm English :p

The Hour is pretty good stuff. I like Luther a great deal. That Skins show was worth watching....oh, and a great show is that Misfits. BBC has some pretty good shows!

lol, I was talking about listing your fav sites - rather than praising the BBC ;)

To be fair, you did initially ask a question regarding the BBC and how it's funded. You have/had to expect there are people that like the BBC Network. Personally, I think they make great documentary's (Horizon) and wildlife docs with Sir David Attenborough.

To be fair, you did initially ask a question regarding the BBC and how it's funded and you have to expect there are people that like the BBC Network. Personally, I think they make great documentary's (horizon) and wildlife docs with Sir David Attenborough.

To be extra fair, it was written in brackets, nevermind.

These aren't sites, but two examples immediately come to mind when talking about great UI/UX design:
  1. iOS. Yes, it hasn't changed much over the years, and is starting to look long in the tooth (at least they're moving away from skeumorphism now that Forstall is gone), but it's still a great example of brilliant UI/UX design. Though, it's long overdue for some substantial changes.
  2. Nest Thermostat. Who knew that the household thermostat suffered from such a bad user experience, until these guys came along.

I wouldn't consider the bbc news station the best UI by any means, it seems to cluttered and busy to me, it also reminds me of your typical news outlet. White space isn't a bad thing ;)

Top Bottom