Linode being purchased by Akamai

Mouth

As Linode is a popular choice for site servers/hosting, this recent announcement will be interesting to some ...

and

Last edited:
Damn, unexpected move but it makes sense considering how the hosting environment is extremely dominated now.

As Linode is a popular choice for site servers/hosting, this recent announcement will be interesting to some ...

and

Will be interesting to see how this turns out. Been using Linode for ages. Did a write up on my thoughts at https://blog.centminmod.com/2022/02/21/2757/akamai-acquires-linode/ :D

Will be interesting to see how this turns out. Been using Linode for ages. Did a write up on my thoughts at https://blog.centminmod.com/2022/02/21/2757/akamai-acquires-linode/ :D
Just FYI from your article, in case you didn't know, this part technically isn't true anymore for Digital Ocean:

Hardware wise, I’d like to see Linode finally do away with aging server CPUs in their VPS host node mix. They have some CPUs going as far back as Intel Xeon E5-26xx v2 IvyBridge days. Like DigitalOcean, for Linode, it’s a lucky dip as to which CPU models you land on when spinning up a Linode VPS server unlike other VPS providers which have a bit more certainty like Upcloud, Vultr and Hetzner goes one step further and clearly labels their Cloud VPS plans with either Intel or AMD guaranteed processors.
DO has "Premium" options which are modern Intel and AMD platforms with NVMe that are delineated by the vendor. I switched to one of their AMD VPS about a year ago, which is when I also switched to centminmod (thank you!)

Just FYI from your article, in case you didn't know, this part technically isn't true anymore for Digital Ocean:

DO has "Premium" options which are modern Intel and AMD platforms with NVMe that are delineated by the vendor. I switched to one of their AMD VPS about a year ago, which is when I also switched to centminmod (thank you!)
Thanks for correcting me on that! Updated my article!

Last edited:
Top Bottom