Fixed BBCode heading anchors do not have an accessible name

SelamT

Affected version
Hi,

Since there is no "title" definition for links added to heading tags, Google Page Speed "Accessibility" value decreases.
I made a suggestion and requested it to be added, but I have no hope.
Could you please tell me which template I should use to fix this, or at least where to find it?
I will add <a title=""...> in the template

Thanks,

This markup is not template driven, but should probably be addressed regardless for accessibility purposes. I've moved it to bugs.

The share buttons are a false positive. The href is set via JS after the page is loaded, and crawling them is nonsense anyway. We might be able to work around it though.

I haven't checked with an actual screen reader but the share buttons should have a valid title as-is (it's nested in a <span>). PageSpeed only whines about SEO issues for those, rather than accessibility.

Yes I'll see what we can do, though ultimately my comments stand. Those links are crawlable after JS kicks in (the desktop results don't complain about them), and even if they weren't they serve absolutely no SEO purpose. The warning is largely there to bring attention to broken inter-site links (such as ones which open a modal or overlay with content that Google would not be able to index).

I am not an expert in this business, but I am a little obsessed :) When I measured the score, I wanted to share with you the reasons that lowered the score. you know these things better.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.3.0 Beta 8).

Change log:
Add a title attribute to message heading anchor links
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Top Bottom