Implemented LinkedIn Integration.

Null

As seen in a recent HYS thread, Google and Twitter integration finally made it to XenForo.

I'd like to suggest XenForo include LinkedIn integration in the core product, mainly because I believe anything related to signup/registration should be handled by the core, rather than third-party products.

LinkedIn is gaining traction across the Internet, especially for those who run forums targeting certain professional occupations.

Note: this has already been suggested, but as interest has recently grown and as per Mike's post I've made a new thread.

P.S. if you want to see Yahoo! authentication, head over to this thread and like the first post.

Last edited:
Upvote 33
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
A website admin, I want ability to integrate whatever I choose. I need to setup multiple services, each one having its own active box that I can select/deselect, very similar to what is now available within the ACP for installed addons

A website admin, I want ability to integrate whatever I choose. I need to setup multiple services, each one having its own active box that I can select/deselect, very similar to what is now available within the ACP for installed addons

It's not really that easy as just writing some code that will allow you to log in via "multiple services'. Each site and each site's API is different, just like each method of displaying media from sites like YouTube and Vimeo are different. On top of that, each site has a specific list of policies that you must follow when using their API's (for example, Google+ requires that you use their login button), and using them incorrectly can lead to never being able to log in via said service.

In fact, since so many API calls of these types are being sent to the likes of Facebook, Twitter and Google+, I wouldn't be surprised to see them start limiting, start charging for or even dropping these services all together in the future.

I am looking at building another forum and this one will be completely for work professionals. The ability to register and sign in via LinkedIn makes sense.

Same suggestion here.

I have legal forum (a place for lawyers, judges, masters, law students and ...) and most these people have a complete Linkedin profile. So it good be really great if Linkedin integration be added to core. So that users be able to register or sign in with their Linkedin account too.

Same suggestion here. I am currently working on a forum site for engineers and LinkedIn integration is a must for the site. I purchased an addon for this function but it would be great if it becomes part of the core in the future release.

Top Bottom