Link url to section within forum

If this is posted in the wrong section please move it Admins/Mods.

This may not be a specific Xenforo question but......

If one has a url eg www.mydomain.com, is it possible to point that directly to one of the Nodes within Xenforo rather than to the home page/front page?

For example the main domain name of my forum currently points to the forum as a whole and visitors land on the home page but if I had another domain name that's specific to a section within my forum can I point that to the specific node? If so, can anyone share how please as I've struggled with it.

TIA

Set the Index page route in the ACP to the node.

View attachment 246695
Thanks but what I'm trying to achieve is to have is two domain names, one points to the Front Page and thus is currently set as pages/front in the ACP index page route, the other I'd like to point to a specific node eg forums/node-name.xx

Each time I try to set the url, via my host, to look for the specific node I get a Xenforo error message appear within the normal page container along the lines of 'unexpected error'.

Isn't that something you would have to set within your domain routing in your hosting account?

ie forward the second domain to the specific forum directory/folder

Isn't that something you would have to set within your domain routing in your hosting account?

ie forward the second domain to the specific forum directory/folder
It is, yes, but depending how I set the routing I get either a Xenforo 'unexpected error' message or the Front Page of the forum loads; most likely because I have to put the full URL of the target as above and when the request gets into Xenforo it's looking for www.ducati.community within www.ducati.community and get's its knickers in a twist - to use a technical phrase. I've even tried numeric IP addresses as the target for the routing followed by the forum location but it doesn't like that either.

I was hoping someone else may have routed a domain name, other than the one which points to their forum, to a specific node within the forum and said 'ah you need to do ...'

Another way around it would be to create a one page (index.php) website for the domain name and put a 301 redirect in it to the node you want users to go to.

PHP:
<?php
// Permanent 301 redirection
header("HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently");
header("Location: https://www.yourdomain.com/node");
exit();
?>

Another way around it would be to create a one page (index.php) website for the domain name and put a 301 redirect in it to the node you want users to go to.

PHP:
<?php
// Permanent 301 redirection
header("HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently");
header("Location: https://www.yourdomain.com/node");
exit();
?>
Thank you I shall try that as well as play around within the .htaccess file (y)

Top Bottom