Lack of interest Link to profile post comments

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Grover

I am actually not sure if this a good and useful idea myself :rolleyes:, but I am interested how others think about it. So please 'shoot' (nicely) or... like:

On Xenforo it is not possible to link to a profile comment. It is possible to link to a profile post, but not the comments. I often use Facebook (professionally) and there I find it a blessing that you can actually link to individual profile comments.

I see the difference between Facebook and Xenforo like this:

Facebook's only means to have a discussion is actually through the comments. The comments are the discussion. There is no forum. So, yes, being able to link to those comments is important, even vital if you want to point things that someone else wrote and have a discussion about that.

Xenforo's discussions are taken place on the forum. So this provides all the sophisticated functionality (like the permalinks on postings) to have discussions. You will not see much discussion going on on the profiles, since this is not really the aim of the profile posts and comments, right? So, the ability to link to individual comments is not so important, certainly not compared to Facebook.

Having said that, I was wondering if other people do find it handy if there would be permalinks on the profile posts comments in Xenforo?

Please do [like] this first posting if you think it is a good feature suggestion for XenForo

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom