XF 1.3 Link to old forum

framodeo

Hello! I hope I am posting in the correct section of the forum!

Before moving to XenForo, I have been managing a phpBB forum; then, togheter with users, I decided to start a new forum with XenForo and now we are completely fine.

I got a back up of the older phpBB forum, I was wondering if I could place a link somewhere on the new XenForo forum which redirects to the old phpBB forum.

It would be awesome if I could do this without having to buy a new domain.

If the answer to my question is yes then I would ask you to kindly explain the procedure step by step.

Thanks! :)

EDIT

Older forum is no longer online.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what it is you're asking.

Why do you want to add a link back to the old phpBB forum if it is no longer online?

Regardless, you can edit any of the templates to add any link you wish.

I'm not sure what it is you're asking.

Why do you want to add a link back to the old phpBB forum if it is no longer online?

Regardless, you can edit any of the templates to add any link you wish.
Sorry I've been not clear in my explanation.

I would like first to upload my older forum again using my currently domain, then to put a link on my XenForo forum which redirects to it. It is possible?

Obvioulsy I could buy a new domain, then upload the older forum on it an then somehow add the link, but I was wondering if I could do the same without buying any new domain.

Thanks in advance!

Unfortunately I still don't really understand what it is you want to do.

You have a current XenForo forum and you also have an offline/archived phpBB forum?
Is that correct?

You want to link from the XenForo forum to your phpBB forum?
Link in what way?

Have you considered importing it and having it all in your XenForo forum?

Unfortunately I still don't really understand what it is you want to do.

You have a current XenForo forum and you also have an offline/archived phpBB forum?
Is that correct?
Perfect.

You want to link from the XenForo forum to your phpBB forum?
Link in what way?

Have you considered importing it and having it all in your XenForo forum?

I just want to have a button on my Xenforo forum such that when users click on it they can read the old forum.

I don't know what could be the best way to do this, can you suggest me any solution? I don't really know what is the importing thing you said above.

Well if you just want a button/link, you can simply edit the template to add it.
You can add that wherever you want.

Importing would allow you to import the old forum content: users, threads, posts, etc., into your XenForo forum.
You could put all of it in an "archive" category so it would all be available in the same forum then.

Top Bottom