Link Directory (LD) [Deleted]

1) in the new version my users don't know how to rate a link because now you have to go into detailed page then click on starts to make review,
in old version you we able to rate a link from the main page stars, it was easier to rate a link in old version
so now my users are not leaving reviews,

instead they leave review in thread discussion, please bring back old version, so its easier to rate link

also 2) i forgot,

many users don't read reviews, from link directory page, because have to go in detailed page
so if a user leaves a review, most user won't see it,

but, from the thread discussion, they see tab to read reviews, so it is good

but

it would be great if it would automatically post the review into the thread,
maybe have option in admin panel

example:

user leaves review: "great website! i like the color"

--xenforo will automatically copy review and post in thread--

in thread: "user: joey left a review" "great website! i like the color"

admin panel:

when user leaves review, copy review to thread discussion
enable/disable

Last edited:
1) in the new version my users don't know how to rate a link because now you have to go into detailed page then click on starts to make review,
in old version you we able to rate a link from the main page stars, it was easier to rate a link in old version
so now my users are not leaving reviews,

instead they leave review in thread discussion, please bring back old version, so its easier to rate link
Agreed. Users giving ratings has become non-existant now.

Feature Request:
'Purchase a VIP-Upgrade' on the add and edit pages needs further explanation of what it means and what you get for it.
Immediately underneath the phrase it would be good to have a "What does this means?" hyperlink. When clicked, it actions a pop-up with content (either from Directory options or a /admin.php?help-pages/ page).

when i try to add a ink i get this error:

1. Decoding the main resource failed. Please ensure that the page loads properly in a browser.

only happen with 1 site, other sites i can add

Last edited:
And the link that doesn't work we can see on the bottom of a coffe cup? ;)
And what should these double points in two lines at end of your posts?

Questions over questions... :D

it would be great if it would automatically post the review into the thread,
maybe have option in admin panel
No, sorry - but thats nonsense in my eyes. What if other members post betwen your copied comments/reviews? ;) So I think thats a bad idea to do this.
Reviews are reviews and the threads are for discusions about the link. What, when we find here the reviews in the thread? Without sense for the discusion? No - not good. (n)

you obviously didnt read my post, no one is forcing you to do anything, so your post is non sense in my eyes

I quote a post from you and answer - so believe I read it. (y)

But you can write me, how you think the mixed content (reviews and posts) should be displayed in a single thread.
Sorry, but exact this is what I mean and what in my eyes makes not realy sense. :cool: :censored:

And my first post - how should au lait find the problem with your link without knowing the exact link so he can redo and see the error? ;) I would only try, the same link, to test on my 2 forums if it comes by me to the same errors... :whistle:

no you didn't quote all of my post, you only quoted part of my reply, you didn't read all my post,
if you read all my post, you wouldnt even say what you say sir
im not going to write to you because my reply is for au lait, not for anyone else, i dont even know why u reply to me,
you and mouth bully me, i dont like bully

and for link, i only send to au lait, only he can know,

Last edited:
My license for this recently expired. As I have access to the latest version and am awaiting developments in XF2 before updating my licenses, I don't want to renew as yet. However, today I went in to change the license details and noticed that I can't. How can I change the license details on my account?

because my reply is for au lait, not for anyone else, i dont even know why u reply to me
This is a open support thread, if you wish no one others than au lait should answer on your postings - then I think PN will be the better way. ;) I would only try the link, you mean not working, to verify your posted error.

The other was my personaly critic to your other post. If you doesnt wish this, post au lait a PN next time.

But the discussion with you is now also sense less for me. By.

My license for this recently expired. As I have access to the latest version and am awaiting developments in XF2 before updating my licenses, I don't want to renew as yet. However, today I went in to change the license details and noticed that I can't. How can I change the license details on my account?

Bump for an answer to my question before it gets lost in a squabble. Thanks (y)

bump for my answer also because otto and mouse squabble

dear au lait sir:

when i try to add a ink i get this error:

1. Decoding the main resource failed. Please ensure that the page loads properly in a browser.

only happen with 1 site, other sites i can add

i also get error with other add-on and link directory,

i don't know who's problem, if link directory or other add-on,

i will ask other developer also, here is error:

ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method phc_LinkDirectory_Model_Rating::mustRepliedToRating() - library/rating/rating/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:85
Generated By: joey, 4 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(90) "http://myforum.com/threads/cool-cars.276/br-rate"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(5) {
["rating"] => string(1) "5"
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(71) "/threads/cool-cars.276/page-176"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

can I get a few examples of those that have used this addon? Would be good to visualise what it looks like in play.
THanks

Top Bottom