Link Directory (LD) [Deleted]

For those wanting to better understand the workflow around claiming links, is thus ...
  1. Permission on whether a user group can claim ownership of links
  2. If permission above, user will see within the link controls, a hyperlink to claim ownership
  3. Click above, and user prompted to enter a message stating why
  4. Submit, and the link claim goes into the core XF reports system ( /reports/ )
  5. Admin/Mod (whomever you've designated access to the core XF reports system) see's the link claim inside a report, and actions/closes the report appropriately
  6. Moderator permission on whether you can change ownership of a link
  7. With above permission, when you Edit the link you'll have a field to enter/select the username owner of the link
Viola! Link claimed ownership by end -user, goes into report system, report actioned, link edited and owner changed.
Once the link owner is changed, then that user should now see the 'Edit' hyperlink (user group permission to edit own link) within the link controls and can edit appropriately.

Worked out the bug.
When you're browsing the directory, within a category, and click the 'Add Link' button then when the Add Link page loads the category is already pre-selected but the option for creating a thread is not displayed. You have to modify or reselect the category for the option to appear.
fixed for the next version!

When I submit a link this mod grabs the relevant data, posts the link into the directory and generates a new thread. That's great but; I'd like there to be a step in the middle so I can check on the details before it is published and the thread generated. Then only when I'm happy with the result, click a button to publish. Is this possible? Thanks

When I submit a link this mod grabs the relevant data, posts the link into the directory and generates a new thread. That's great but; I'd like there to be a step in the middle so I can check on the details before it is published and the thread generated. Then only when I'm happy with the result, click a button to publish. Is this possible? Thanks
Unless you have user group permission to bypass moderation, they should be going into the moderation queue.

I'm not able to rate links using the stars after upgrading to the newest version on my site, or even your website

when i hover nothing happens, the only way to rate is by going to detailed page on my site

Screenshot from 2017-03-02 05-50-00.webp

Step 1 (Import the Categories):
Code:
insert into phc_linkdirectory_categories (ld_cat_id, title, pagetext, parent_ld_cat_id, lft, depth) select node_id, title, description, parent_node_id, lft, depth from sf_xenkingdir_directory_node;

What is lft and how do I calculate depth? I'm creating these directories from scratch and I have a spreadsheet that I'm using for import, and I'm using the concatenate command to build a list of SQL commands to import the category structure.

What is lft and how do I calculate depth? I'm creating these directories from scratch and I have a spreadsheet that I'm using for import, and I'm using the concatenate command to build a list of SQL commands to import the category structure.

depth represents how many parent categories a category has.
  • Top Level
    • 2nd Level
      • 3rd Level.
3rd Level would have a depth of 2, 2nd Level would have a depth of 1, Top Level would have a depth of 0

lft comes from the nested set model, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nested_set_model

Manually importing categories using SQL doesn't work of you can't calculate a single position nested set #.

But, what I figured out is that I can take my excel sheet, and turn it into a DL / DT HTML file and import it into the software from the links import function.

Alright, got the import handled. Now my issue is displaying the category structure. It will only show USA, then Alabama, and then the first town.

I can't get it to display any of the other top level categories.

Last edited:
Alright, I figured out why it wasn't displaying my category structure. Permissions. Is there anyway to copy the permissions from one entry to all entries? Even if it's using SQL?

Suggestion:
  • Custom Fields. The ability to activate and label custom fields, and select which custom field(s) should be mandatory when creating a new entry. Eg. Address1, Address2, City, etc.
  • Google Maps integration. Select custom field(s) as being address, and then pass these to Google Maps API when a user clicks a 'Show Map' link and the XF window (whatever it's called) pop-ups and displays the map

Hi @Mouth thanks for the reply. Just saw the forum option in create new category.

Regarding screenshot, I had the first option, screenshot selected. The link to site (Google) works fine, but no screenshot is made.

Would you know anything about custom fields either now or in future releases?

Are custom fields supported?

Version 3.0 will appear soon - The changelog for the version 3.0

[fixed] Wrong number of replies
[fixed] Wrong user in Reviews
[fixed] Several other improvements
[fixed] #1114

[add] custom fields support
[add] Permission | user can rate own links

[*] Many many design/phrasen improvements

Okay, I think I found a bug. When someone reviews a link the actual review is attributed to the user who submitted the link, instead of the user who made the review, that is wrong.

But when you view a widget like Latest Reviews it attributes the review to the user who left the review, so that is correct.

@au lait Sorry, false alarm I suppose.

I re-ran the upgrade and it completed successfully. I also believe someone may have submitted a link while I was doing the first upgrade, that may be why I got the error.

Everything seems fine now.

Top Bottom