1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linear Gardient into Style Properties Background Fields?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by bogus, Jan 12, 2012.

1. bogus

bogus Guest

I want to add a linear gardient with CSS3 Code where the Background for "Selected Tab" in "Style Properties: Header and Navigation" is already added

The current Code would look like that
    If i add the Code to the Extra.css its not a Prob, but if i add the -moz-linear-gradient into the Field for own CSS Code or behind the navigation-tab.png (as shown in Quote) the whole Style will be destroyed or the gardient is just visible into the selected Tab....

Does that mean i have to add all to Extra.css or is it possible to use the CSS3 Code with the Style Properties?

Edit: the CSS3 gradient shall effect just the ?SubNavbar? (.navTabs .navTab.selected .tabLinks {
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Are you putting it all in the background image field in the style properties? What exactly are you putting where?

Try using the Miscellaneous box instead:

Screen shot 2012-01-12 at 7.35.50 PM.png

You can enter entire CSS attributes into this box, such as:

background-image: url('path/to/image.gif');
  3. bogus

bogus Guest

I have added this @imagePath/xenforo/gradients/navigation-tab.png, -moz-linear-gradient(center bottom , rgb(64,94,124) 5%, rgb(177,177,194) 53%); into the image box

But i will try yours

At the end i will do it with an image gradient. I cant get the CSS3 gradient working in all browsers. Images seems to be more safer