1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Limiting Moderators

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by SilentGround, Oct 1, 2014.

1. SilentGround

SilentGround Member

If this can be done I am not seeing it. I want my moderators to be able to edit threads by others ONLY in their assigned forums. They should not be able to edit others threads anywhere else on the board.

Am I over looking something. I have gone over all permissions many times and this one issue is driving me batty.

Any suggestions?

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

In the Moderating user group, revoke all moderation permissions by setting them to Not Set (No) and then create forum moderators and assign permissions accordingly:

upload_2014-9-30_23-28-58.png upload_2014-9-30_23-29-47.png upload_2014-9-30_23-30-30.png upload_2014-9-30_23-30-44.png

3. SilentGround

SilentGround Member

Already done that and yet they can still edit other members threads across the whole site not just in their assigned forums. That's why I think there is something else I'm missing.

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Use the Analyze Permissions feature and see if you can determine why. It sounds like a permission issue.

SilentGround likes this.
  5. SilentGround

SilentGround Member

That helped narrow the incorrect permissions. Greatly appreciated. Got it fixed.