Add-on Limit which groups user can start conversation

TheLaw

I'm realizing that I want to limit which user groups users can send PMs to. For example, you may wish them able to send to Supermoderators and admins but not to other users. Or you may wish to have certain groups not reachable by ordinary users. While the standard permissions are understandable and reasonable, I was wondering if anyone has seen an addon that approaches this functionality.

Not sure if there is an add-on but if you want a support sort of thing, there is an add-on from Pixelexit coming soon I think or make an area and set permissions so they can view their thread only. I know it is not convenient but just going by your example above.

Public Forum, Private Tickets, and FAQ

Thanks for the reply. @Russ is working on something a little different, which I'm sure will be extremely popular.

What I'm looking for is a way to control which user groups users can message. For example, you may not want to have certain user groups being able to contact another. This is not something I'd expect to be in XF standard but in an addon. Part of what I'm seeking to do is prevent types of conduct I don't want going on in PMs. In this way, with such an addon, you can limit whom users can reach.

Top Bottom